Honored Contributor

Re: The Damage Has Been Done

@KatieB wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

So this whole board fiasco appears to be over, or at least postponed.

However, it seems the damage has been done. How many longtime posters have left for the other site and won't be back? How many posters have left altogether? Like, we're all scattered now. 

This whole thing was just weird, I'm sorry.

@Ladybug724   I didn't leave and I'm a long, long, long time poster.   I doubt many people left.  There's no way I would go to any other forum to see the QVC Community Forum  posts.  I don't even understand why a few posters would go to another site and try to set up an alternative QVC Community Forum site when this one is not closed, has not closed, and has never been closed.  That's what's weird to me.

You realize that the Q announced they'd be closing these forums down, right, @KatieB?  No one just started up the new board out of the blue.  

Super Contributor

What I still like about this board is most everyone uses a customized enlarged font.  I'm hoping all on the new board will heed my plea to stop using the minuscule default print.

I just tried to post this comment on another newer thread here and the entire thread was deleted/removed already. 

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle 

The fake birth date alternate email was just a suggestion for those overly suspicious individuals. It was not necessary. Actually, that forum is safer and more secure than this one that has more personal  information like access to credit card, banking, name, address...

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset 

I also thought you could not cancel an order but when I purchased the polar fleece sheets they said they were in stock ready to ship.  When I went back about two hours later they said "advance order" and there was also a button to cancel order so I did.  Reordered them at Amazon and had them in two days.  

Respected Contributor

@MrsSB wrote:

What I still like about this board is most everyone uses a customized enlarged font.  I'm hoping all on the new board will heed my plea to stop using the minuscule default print.

I just tried to post this comment on another newer thread here and the entire thread was deleted/removed already. 

You can enlarge the font on the board by using the "Shift" and "+" keys together. 

Respected Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

So this whole board fiasco appears to be over, or at least postponed.

However, it seems the damage has been done. How many longtime posters have left for the other site and won't be back? How many posters have left altogether? Like, we're all scattered now. 

This whole thing was just weird, I'm sorry.

@Ladybug724   I didn't leave and I'm a long, long, long time poster.   I doubt many people left.  There's no way I would go to any other forum to see the QVC Community Forum  posts.  I don't even understand why a few posters would go to another site and try to set up an alternative QVC Community Forum site when this one is not closed, has not closed, and has never been closed.  That's what's weird to me.

@KatieB Huh? Are you not aware of the events that have transpired within the last few days?

Honored Contributor

Its kind of like your husband or wife tells you they want a divorce.  You cry and raise such a fuss that they say OK I'll stay.  From then on you are waiting for the guillotine to drop.

Honored Contributor

I am not damaged by any of this.  It's working out quite well staying here.

I wasn't interested in going to a forum that is moderated by fellow posters.  

I'm sure that most forums are moderated as mentioned above--and it's probably quite unique that QVC has their customer service reps doing the monitoring here.  But I was always comfortable with that.  It's what they were paid to do.

No damage done.  I decided if they closed these forums I wouldn't go to one of the new one talked about here.

Respected Contributor

I missed all of this!  Sorry to ask, but is the forum remaining?  I've been using it since 2005!!

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Its kind of like your husband or wife tells you they want a divorce.  You cry and raise such a fuss that they say OK I'll stay.  From then on you are waiting for the guillotine to drop.

Wow - what a perfect analogy @depglass .  I also think of it as being cheated on and never trusting the cheater again.