Honored Contributor

Re: The Damage Has Been Done

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:
I can’t help but wonder if Q’s decision came not from the dozens of complaints (how many people do you think actually emailed corporate?), but from the amount of people that they could clearly see moving to the new ProBoards site. Add to that, the Facebook news that coincided with their announcement - and so quickly commented on here. Guess we don’t know the real reason for their change of heart - and therefore can’t trust them not to reconsider yet again.

Add to that the number of order cancellations.  Some were because of the current delivery problems, but others were definitely because of the forum closing announcement.

You're right--we'll never know.

I thought you couldn't cancel an order after placing one.  I read that all the time.  Which is it?  Q will let you cancel an order or they won't?  I read the customer service section A LOT and this seems to be a major complaint of many. @geezerette 

Maybe this is just hyberbole because of bad feelings some have.

I think they give you a finite time usually...not sure that is on every item though?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'm finding this whole thing interesting, the various attitudes concerning the expected loss of Q forums, the Q reprieve, and the new Proboard opportunity.

To me, the Proboard was opportunity knocking; not a chance I would pass that up, so I'm surprised that others have.

People will tend to stick with what's familiar to them until they have no other choice.  That's called human behavior @occasionalrain 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset, several posters had said they cancelled their auto deliveries. That may be what some were referring to. Also, if I'm not mistaken, any item on advance order can easily be canceled.

Esteemed Contributor

@croemer wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:
I can’t help but wonder if Q’s decision came not from the dozens of complaints (how many people do you think actually emailed corporate?), but from the amount of people that they could clearly see moving to the new ProBoards site. Add to that, the Facebook news that coincided with their announcement - and so quickly commented on here. Guess we don’t know the real reason for their change of heart - and therefore can’t trust them not to reconsider yet again.

Add to that the number of order cancellations.  Some were because of the current delivery problems, but others were definitely because of the forum closing announcement.

You're right--we'll never know.

I thought you couldn't cancel an order after placing one.  I read that all the time.  Which is it?  Q will let you cancel an order or they won't?  I read the customer service section A LOT and this seems to be a major complaint of many. @geezerette 

Maybe this is just hyberbole because of bad feelings some have.

I think they give you a finite time usually...not sure that is on every item though?

@croemerthanks, but that hasnot been my experience with Q.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

I'll be here til the end, whenver that is.  But I think they just postponed closing the forums until after the holidays.  I have a funny feeling, there's not going to be an announcement next time.  It's just going to be gone...

@Bri369 I'm glad you're still here!  If we all wake up and find the Forums gone we can still get on ProBoards, correct? I printed all the instructions that were posted in the event the Q decided to delete everything.

@faeriemoon 

Yes, you'll be able to register at the new board any time.  

Test it out and make sure you can find it in case Q does something sneaky.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@gertrudecloset, several posters had said they cancelled their auto deliveries. That may be what some were referring to. Also, if I'm not mistaken, any item on advance order can easily be canceled.

Well that's different.  I have only been shopping (not much since the beginning of the year.  I don't do Auto Deliveries in this day and age @Etoile308 

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset 

I believe auto delivery orders can be canceled anytime which is probably what they meant. Lots of posters are signed up for auto delivery because the item's price is discounted.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

I believe auto delivery orders can be canceled anytime which is probably what they meant. Lots of posters are signed up for auto delivery because the item's price is discounted.

Thanks for the clarity on that @occasionalrain .  I would not have known this as I don't have any Auto Deliveries.

Honored Contributor

Since I have always been pleased posting here I see no reason to go elsewhere. Of course things can change, that is true of everything. 

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset 

I believe it's mostly cosmetic products, Wen is a popular one.