Honored Contributor

Re: The Damage Has Been Done

@Bri369 wrote:

I'll be here til the end, whenver that is.  But I think they just postponed closing the forums until after the holidays.  I have a funny feeling, there's not going to be an announcement next time.  It's just going to be gone...

@Bri369 I'm glad you're still here!  If we all wake up and find the Forums gone we can still get on ProBoards, correct? I printed all the instructions that were posted in the event the Q decided to delete everything.

Respected Contributor

At this point, there really should not be any issues to worry about.

QVC forums are open.  Whether or not they will close in the future, who knows?  They will do what is best for their bottom line.

A wonderful new board is available also with assorted forum categories that were not offered here.

You are able to post in either place (if you join), stay here, go over there or use both boards.

I look at this as a win/win situation for all of us.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:
I can’t help but wonder if Q’s decision came not from the dozens of complaints (how many people do you think actually emailed corporate?), but from the amount of people that they could clearly see moving to the new ProBoards site. Add to that, the Facebook news that coincided with their announcement - and so quickly commented on here. Guess we don’t know the real reason for their change of heart - and therefore can’t trust them not to reconsider yet again.

What took me by surprise was how quickly nearly 1000 members signed up on proboards, but only 1/3 signed the petition here to keep the Q boards open.

I thought it was telling.

I like it here and like it there, but I've always liked variety.

@JamandBread the QVC decision to close seemed pretty final.  Signing the petition felt futile.  And I am sure many didn't see it as they stopped posting.

I know the peition, emails, complaints, the amazing work of setting the new forum, all these had an impact in changing QVC's decision, but my feeling is that sales went down, way down.  Shoppers distracted by the drama probably weren't shopping.  And just before the holidays.  QVC handled everything badly.  So they course corrected.  The new CEO woun't want to start on such bad footing.

Respected Contributor

I’m posting in both boards! 😜

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50, but you are doing social media. Message boards like this are part of social media.

Trusted Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

So this whole board fiasco appears to be over, or at least postponed.

However, it seems the damage has been done. How many longtime posters have left for the other site and won't be back? How many posters have left altogether? Like, we're all scattered now. 

This whole thing was just weird, I'm sorry.

Not necessarily. No need to be an alarmist. You don't know who has left and who has stayed. I think most posters are developing a "wait and see" atitude. Just be patient and see how it all shakes out. No need to panic.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

I'll be here til the end, whenver that is.  But I think they just postponed closing the forums until after the holidays.  I have a funny feeling, there's not going to be an announcement next time.  It's just going to be gone...

@Bri369 I'm glad you're still here!  If we all wake up and find the Forums gone we can still get on ProBoards, correct? I printed all the instructions that were posted in the event the Q decided to delete everything.

Yes you can @faeriemoon....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Thanks, @croemer .  Glad you're still here too. Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:
I can’t help but wonder if Q’s decision came not from the dozens of complaints (how many people do you think actually emailed corporate?), but from the amount of people that they could clearly see moving to the new ProBoards site. Add to that, the Facebook news that coincided with their announcement - and so quickly commented on here. Guess we don’t know the real reason for their change of heart - and therefore can’t trust them not to reconsider yet again.

Add to that the number of order cancellations.  Some were because of the current delivery problems, but others were definitely because of the forum closing announcement.

You're right--we'll never know.

I thought you couldn't cancel an order after placing one.  I read that all the time.  Which is it?  Q will let you cancel an order or they won't?  I read the customer service section A LOT and this seems to be a major complaint of many. @geezerette 

Maybe this is just hyberbole because of bad feelings some have.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Thanks, @croemer .  Glad you're still here too. Woman Happy

In case Q reverse's their decision again...at least you will have options. Hope to see you either way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**