Honored Contributor

Re: The Damage Has Been Done

@Sooner, I so agree with you.  Why does this have to be an 'either/or' situation.  I like both sites.  If QVC shuts down after the holidays, my real life will still be the same.  In the meantime, I have two sites to participate in.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Prices are rising on everything, everywhere so companies are looking for ways to make cuts to offset the affect it's having on their bottom line. Apparently, those making decisions at the Q assumed that since they had moved away from forums, cutting them was an easy and obvious choice. They found they were mistaken and, if it were my company, no longer employed.

The shipping is another issue, the Q makes money on shipping by entering into contracts that in exchange for a cut rate they accept "standby" shipping which items sometimes make a tour of the country before getting to their proper destination.

Respected Contributor

I haven't joined another board yet but I think I should, just in case the Q decides to shut down again.  It doesn't make sense to annouce the shutdown and then turnaround and say they changed their minds.  Will they change their minds again after the holidays?? Does it cost money to have the forums on Q?  I know things change, whether for the good or bad and I'm sure someone thought it was a good idea to shut them down.  I guess we'll have to wait & see if keeping them open is permanent! It's nice to have options though!

Respected Contributor

I did join the other site because I saw a few   posters  im most familiar with move and I wanted to keep in touch, but right after I did, I read this forum will stay open.  So im staying here.   I hope those who switched over will stay in touch with me here as well.  I'm mostly on the Pet, beauty, and Garden forum. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

@Sooner, I so agree with you.  Why does this have to be an 'either/or' situation.  I like both sites.  If QVC shuts down after the holidays, my real life will still be the same.  In the meantime, I have two sites to participate in.

@Mmsfoxxie

I love your attitude.  I feel blessed to have you and others here in my life.  And more blessings are fine with me!  Thanks for saying that!  And love the picture!  Foxxie is right!!!!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Jaspertimes wrote:

I like the new board.  Amazing that 6 women were able to accomplish what they did in such a short time and I will be loyal to that.  But I'll probably look at both forums.  Books and pets are my thing so you can't get too much of that.  I even found more forums after QVC announced they were closing so the more the better.  I find it just simple to navigate, no different than here and a couple of more categories in addition.

Amen, it is very easy to navigate and figure out quickly. If you need help everyone is willing to help...plus there is a HELP forum. I find it not hard to post there at ALL. Maybe adding an avatar is a tad hard to add...but much simpler than here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't sign up on any of the other boards and had no intention to do so. I just thought when this was closed that would be the end for me.

I honestly have no desire to go else where ..the entire thing is ridiculous to me. As I said in previous posts I have no idea why a company would shut down something that pleased their customers and  discussed products that produced more sales...crazy to me.

Honored Contributor

@JamandBread wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:
I can’t help but wonder if Q’s decision came not from the dozens of complaints (how many people do you think actually emailed corporate?), but from the amount of people that they could clearly see moving to the new ProBoards site. Add to that, the Facebook news that coincided with their announcement - and so quickly commented on here. Guess we don’t know the real reason for their change of heart - and therefore can’t trust them not to reconsider yet again.

What took me by surprise was how quickly nearly 1000 members signed up on proboards, but only 1/3 signed the petition here to keep the Q boards open.

I thought it was telling.

I like it here and like it there, but I've always liked variety.

I think that is true because most posters figured the Q had made up their mind and why bother...they would not reverse their decision. SURPRISE they did, for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@RooRoo Click on the word Forums to get to the Forum Homepage.  It's on a banner at the top of the page.

Honored Contributor

I'm finding this whole thing interesting, the various attitudes concerning the expected loss of Q forums, the Q reprieve, and the new Proboard opportunity.

To me, the Proboard was opportunity knocking; not a chance I would pass that up, so I'm surprised that others have.