Respected Contributor

Re: The Damage Has Been Done

Yes, damage has been done. It will be hard to reconcile the feeling that posters here were of little value. We have to know that this hasn't really changed. They considered the Q sites forums & blogs unnecessary, or they wouldn't have announced cancellation with a banner. Visiting a site where you feel an unwelcomed burden is not very comforting. Plus, you never know when the hammer will drop again.

We aren't privy to why they decided to keep the forums, or if their intervention is simply temporary to calm the storm. I think there were several factors, including the current media details regarding Facebook. Their timing was really bad. After the NY, and things quieten, we may revisit this problem all over again. 

To be on the safe side, those already on Proboards (a large number now) should stay there with the opportunity to visit here, too, if they like. I will. There's no harm in taking a defensive stance to prepare for whatever the future may hold for the Q's forums. 

I'm just wishing that none of this happened because it really has changed the vibe for so many.  

Respected Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

I am someone who is posting at both locations.  The difference is that here folks whined and now still are discussing the loss/ reinstatement, etc.  On the other board, folks have moved on with their lives.

@KailaS "Still"? This literally just happened! lol  There is not one thing wrong with discussing it, and I didn't see anyone whining.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I can’t help but wonder if Q’s decision came not from the dozens of complaints (how many people do you think actually emailed corporate?), but from the amount of people that they could clearly see moving to the new ProBoards site. Add to that, the Facebook news that coincided with their announcement - and so quickly commented on here. Guess we don’t know the real reason for their change of heart - and therefore can’t trust them not to reconsider yet again.

Add to that the number of order cancellations.  Some were because of the current delivery problems, but others were definitely because of the forum closing announcement.

You're right--we'll never know.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I can’t help but wonder if Q’s decision came not from the dozens of complaints (how many people do you think actually emailed corporate?), but from the amount of people that they could clearly see moving to the new ProBoards site. Add to that, the Facebook news that coincided with their announcement - and so quickly commented on here. Guess we don’t know the real reason for their change of heart - and therefore can’t trust them not to reconsider yet again.

Agree.  The new message sounds a bit cryptic.  I think something else is in the works, and the boards will remain open until they figure out the new plan.

Honored Contributor

I'll be here til the end, whenver that is.  But I think they just postponed closing the forums until after the holidays.  I have a funny feeling, there's not going to be an announcement next time.  It's just going to be gone...

Honored Contributor

I'm  feeling better now.  Not that I was  'depressed', just an 'empty' (missing someone or something) feeling.

Anyway, hoping that Andrea, ECGB, and MacDuff and Lolakimona (sp?) and others will continue to post here.  Wonderful fashion photos and inspiration(s).

I'm happy here.  I'll check back to the other one once in a while, but found/find it different.  Maybe smaller print, etc.  Navigation, etc.

But, we can all be happy that we have choices to choose from.  It's ok to have favorite sites.  

Appreciating the people who set up other places for us, too.  

Good health to all.  And that's the important thing in life.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Agree.  The new message sounds a bit cryptic.  I think something else is in the works, and the boards will remain open until they figure out the new plan.

@faeriemoon  No computer for me for the last couple days, where can I find the announcement?  Thank you! 

Esteemed Contributor

I did join the new site but am having trouble navigating.  I have to spend more time getting comfortable and I will.  I like it and appreciate all the work that went into it.  I will stay here too!  Options are always a good thing to have.  

Honored Contributor

I never left because I don't do any type of "social media."  Happy that the forums are still here for as long as they may last.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I'll be here til the end, whenver that is.  But I think they just postponed closing the forums until after the holidays.  I have a funny feeling, there's not going to be an announcement next time.  It's just going to be gone...

@Bri369 Totally agree with what you said. Many Christmas shopping dollars would have been lost if they would have the forums closed, in my opinion. I frequently buy something that someone on the forum recommended.

I like the new site and am amazed at how fast and well the team over there put it together. I asked for two changes and they took care of it in less than 24 hours! They had the WEN forum called WEN Girls and I thought that would discourage the guys who also use WEN. They changed it to just WEN when I requested it.

Also, I always wondered by the list of forum names on the Q are not in alphabetical order, which just seems logical to me to do. On the new site they were not in alpha order either, so I asked if they could do that, to make it faster to find a possible forum about something you are interested in. They did it.

And there are several new forums, like ones on humor, one on the Royal Family, etc. If you have a reasonable request, they will take care of it AND FAST! Heart