Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Damage Has Been Done

@KailaS wrote:

I am someone who is posting at both locations.  The difference is that here folks whined and now still are discussing the loss/ reinstatement, etc.  On the other board, folks have moved on with their lives.

@KailaS Since this is a discussion board we discuss. That's what we are supposed to do. Hopefully you are all discussing the the other board as well.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@KailaS wrote:

I am someone who is posting at both locations.  The difference is that here folks whined and now still are discussing the loss/ reinstatement, etc.  On the other board, folks have moved on with their lives.

@KailaS "Still"? This literally just happened! lol  There is not one thing wrong with discussing it, and I didn't see anyone whining.

Amen @Ladybug724 

Esteemed Contributor

@pugvette74 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Ladybug724    I did not feel comfortable at the other forum and deleted my account.  Actually, I am sorry I signed up.  Live ad learn.

@Katcat1  - When the Q forums close permanently in 2022, hopefully you will reconsider joining the Proboards.  Would love to have you over there in the future.

@San Antonio Gal What is your proof that QVC will close permanently in 2022?

@pugvette74 

This is the exact quote from an email response from QVC Office of the President. Make of it what you will.

“You’ll be pleased to hear that; we’ll maintain the Blog and Forums pages on qvc.com into 2022.”

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@KatieB wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

So this whole board fiasco appears to be over, or at least postponed.

However, it seems the damage has been done. How many longtime posters have left for the other site and won't be back? How many posters have left altogether? Like, we're all scattered now. 

This whole thing was just weird, I'm sorry.

@Ladybug724   I didn't leave and I'm a long, long, long time poster.   I doubt many people left.  There's no way I would go to any other forum to see the QVC Community Forum  posts.  I don't even understand why a few posters would go to another site and try to set up an alternative QVC Community Forum site when this one is not closed, has not closed, and has never been closed.  That's what's weird to me.

You realize that the Q announced they'd be closing these forums down, right, @KatieB?  No one just started up the new board out of the blue.  

It is also not just a "few."  There are 20 pages of new member nics listed.  Many went to the new site and are going to do both.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cotton4me wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Ladybug724    I did not feel comfortable at the other forum and deleted my account.  Actually, I am sorry I signed up.  Live ad learn.

@Katcat1  - When the Q forums close permanently in 2022, hopefully you will reconsider joining the Proboards.  Would love to have you over there in the future.

@pugvette74 

This is the exact quote from an email response from QVC Office of the President. Make of it what you will.

“You’ll be pleased to hear that; we’ll maintain the Blog and Forums pages on qvc.com into 2022.”

Cannot get much clearer than that that it is not permanent.  Just look to the loyalty some of the former hosts received from the powers that be.  Permanent would not have a time limit placed on it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

@pugvette74 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

@pugvette74 

@cotton4me Good! Then let it go. No more of IT WILL PERMANENTLY CLOSE 2022.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle I've always used a fake birthdate when I sign up on websites. Just an easy piece of misinformation (which IMO they don't really need - they could simply require the birth year to be sure you are over 13) but everyone wants the date too so they don't get that from me.

I also have an e-mail address that is NOT my primary e-mail. Maybe it's being overly cautious but considering that last week I had a phone call from someone saying they were from Amazon and wanted access to my computer so they could "cancel" an order that they said was hidden from  me. Seriously, no, I didn't give them access to anything and went in and changed my user name and PW's.

It ticks me off but that's the way it is in these days of scams galore. I figure a little bit of caution is a good thing.

Esteemed Contributor

@croemer on the items that are advance order, it seems you can cancel them. I think that's because it is required by one of the gov't organizations, maybe the FCC.

I know because I have ordered items from other sites than QVC and if the item was going to be delayed in shipment by X number of days, they sent an e-mail and asked me to confirm that I wanted the order. In the e-mail they cited that they were required to do this by law.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut  Great!!  you can log in and even stay logged in. You can check out the boards there 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Venezia   Yay Smiley Happy We sure could use more men there. A few other Proboards groups I joined have alot of men in them! 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller