Honored Contributor

Re: The Damage Has Been Done

@hckynut  You should come join us on proboards Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@agb80  I agree with you. The threatened shut-down has left a nasty taste in many mouths. Rescinding that, for however long, won't really amount to much for many of us who now have an option unless there are some fundamental changes in how these boards are managed and in the quality of the web experience. I came back over today to check things out, as I will continue to do, but I have to say it, despite the fact it remains open and active, there is the feeling of a pall hanging over this forum.

@stevieb  

A couple nights ago I was reading the forums. The last message I had read was one of yours, which was perfectly worded  and there was nothing whatsoever wrong with it. I left momentarily and came back and your message was deleted. You probably don’t even know it. I’ve experienced it too and this is the thing I’m most sick and tired of. 

@Teddie  I think I might even know the message you reference and yes, as mentioned earlier, good on the Q for opting out of opting out, but unless they revisit the overall management of these boards, many of us who have, to date, tolerated the oft, shall we say, 'personalized' approach to oversight here now have a far less restrictive, far more adult and user-friendly alternative...  QVC's threat was indeed a game-changer and in ways one might surmise they hardly anticipated...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@agb80  I agree with you. The threatened shut-down has left a nasty taste in many mouths. Rescinding that, for however long, won't really amount to much for many of us who now have an option unless there are some fundamental changes in how these boards are managed and in the quality of the web experience. I came back over today to check things out, as I will continue to do, but I have to say it, despite the fact it remains open and active, there is the feeling of a pall hanging over this forum.

@stevieb I don't think there is a feeling of pall. It's not as active, and why would we expect it to be since many have left. It will gain momentum again.

@manny2  It's a given that we all see things through our own eyes. To me, it isn't so much about volume of activity, how many might have left or momentum. There's a good bit of ill feeling flowing between posters, uncertainty about what's next and, again, to me, just not a particularly pleasant vibe... Certainly, as noted, various experiences will differ... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't feel any damage whatsoever; QVC's executive decisions are theirs to make and me to accept.  

I choose to be their customer and that's the extent of my relationship with them.  

Honored Contributor

These boards are where I feel most comfortable. I hope QVC isn't planning to shut them down next year. One thing I need to do is thank the six people that reacted so quickly to assure there was a new place for us at proboards. I'm signed up with them, but was happy to come back home to QVC.

Frequent Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@NanaFrost wrote:

@Ladybug724  - Isn't the majority of the whining and "don't trust" and they didn't change their mind because of their customers posts coming from the people who are also pushing the pro-board?

@NanaFrost   This post makes no sense.  

What isn't clear?  It's not the folks who are happy to stay here on the Q forum who are kvetching and whining about what has taken place.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

@hckynut  You should come join us on proboards Smiley Happy

@CherryHugs - I told him the same thing the other day, because we need the few men we have on the new boards.

He has, in fact, signed up.  Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb  

A couple nights ago I was reading the forums. The last message I had read was one of yours, which was perfectly worded  and there was nothing whatsoever wrong with it. I left momentarily and came back and your message was deleted. You probably don’t even know it. I’ve experienced it too and this is the thing I’m most sick and tired of. 

@Teddie  I think I might even know the message you reference and yes, as mentioned earlier, good on the Q for opting out of opting out, but unless they revisit the overall management of these boards, many of us who have, to date, tolerated the oft, shall we say, 'personalized' approach to oversight here now have a far less restrictive, far more adult and user-friendly alternative...  QVC's threat was indeed a game-changer and in ways one might surmise they hardly anticipated...

@stevieb 

I so hear you. I’ve kept mostly quiet but perhaps someday I’ll say more about this on the other board.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I am not damaged by any of this.  It's working out quite well staying here.

I wasn't interested in going to a forum that is moderated by fellow posters.  

I'm sure that most forums are moderated as mentioned above--and it's probably quite unique that QVC has their customer service reps doing the monitoring here.  But I was always comfortable with that.  It's what they were paid to do.

No damage done.  I decided if they closed these forums I wouldn't go to one of the new one talked about here.

@Lucky Charm 

I feel the most important aspect of a healthy board is good moderators performing good moderation. I'm not sure how a board will function when moderators are also active participants.

When I saw the call asking for moderators, I initially thought about throwing my hat in the ring. With my sleep issues, I could take the late night shift 😄. I am confident I could do a good job because to me adhering to guidelines,  honesty and fairness are paramount to a board's success. 

And then I came to my senses.😄😄😄

@magicmoodz 

Aww, I always thought you were a really cool poster.

It would be a good job for someone who is aloof to all the bull that goes on here.

It would be like me monitoring a sports related forum.  Don't care who's winning or losing. I've got no dog in the race.....

@Lucky Charm 

Awww, thank you for the compliment--such a day brightener.

I have long admired you. I respect your veganism, your keen sense of interior design (do we own the same silver clam shell lamp?😄) and we share a love for water. Your water is much, much larger than mine but still I feel blessed to live by water--it speaks to my soul.

@magicmoodz 

Okay, first I have to come clean, no, I don't have that lamp.  And the lamp you have is beautiful.  I opted for a clear crystal one (Artemis by Robert Abbey).  This place is so small that I needed something clear to give the illusion that it isn't cluttered.  Does that make sense?

I did have a collection of shells, including a huge clam shell and 3 or 4 smaller shells that were in the same likeness of your lamp.  Unfortunately, this place is so small, that I actually sold them at a flea market.  I didn't have the table space to display them!

I have an addiction to houseplants, it started when I was a child.Woman Embarassed

So they rule every available spot.

Now, back to moderation.  I would prefer anonymous moderators. Someone I've never posted with.  Someone whose posts I've never read.  Someone who is completely unknown to me in that context.

It's just how I am and how I feel about it, but can totally understand if others are okay with that.

I would actually feel more comfortable meeting posters on this board in person, rather than communicate with someone, basically unknown, through private messaging, on a board. 

That probably sounds crazy, but I feel like I would rather know them better that way than a *faceless* relationship. 

Honored Contributor

Not leaving.  To post pics on the other site is more steps.  No and no!