Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Damage Has Been Done

After reading the announcement about the boards staying open, something in the wording just makes me feel it is only a temporary thing.

While its nice and I have been here for years, I am not getting my hopes up that it is a forever thing.

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Carolina925 wrote:

I've not navigated myself very well on the new site yet so I'm glad these are back. I know change is good but it takes me a while to submit to them. I'll stay here as long as they keep them, mainly because it's familiar to me.

In my opinion, change CAN be good but change isn't always good.

And sometimes completely unnecessary! If it's not broke don't fix it

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I  think I feel the same as most. Although signed up and appreciate the work needed to set it up quickly, I tried to navigate there and it was not comfortable for me. 

Yes, it took me awhile to get my head around these forums, too, but that was a long time ago and I became familiar with this forum. 

I was ready to just throw in the towel and not be on either forum (when this one was going to close shop), but am happy to be here and also hope the ones who moved over come back to visit. 

Honored Contributor

I have been here literally since it started.  Things happen, people come and go, now there is an alternate place to check in, all of the friends are either here or there, what's the problem?

It's all good!  People come and go.  Trust me on that!  The feel of the board has changed through the years as the world changes.  Life ges on.

It's all good.  I won't complain.  Things happen and we go on, making it better in the new iteration hopefully. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner That's a productive way to assess the situation,  good post.

Respected Contributor

The 'fiasco' did cause me to go to the proboards site but in all likelyhood, since QVC has decided to continue the blogs and forums, I will be on both the proboards site, as well as the QVC site.  The damage I can see that has been done to QVC is that while I am spending time on the 'other' site, it means QVC is not on my mind - or my computer and I am not being tempted to buy their products. What I am saying is that another avenue has opened up to take me away , at least for some of the time, from QVC.  I am sure it will cost them some sales on my part.

Esteemed Contributor

I can’t help but wonder if Q’s decision came not from the dozens of complaints (how many people do you think actually emailed corporate?), but from the amount of people that they could clearly see moving to the new ProBoards site. Add to that, the Facebook news that coincided with their announcement - and so quickly commented on here. Guess we don’t know the real reason for their change of heart - and therefore can’t trust them not to reconsider yet again.
Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
I can’t help but wonder if Q’s decision came not from the dozens of complaints (how many people do you think actually emailed corporate?), but from the amount of people that they could clearly see moving to the new ProBoards site. Add to that, the Facebook news that coincided with their announcement - and so quickly commented on here. Guess we don’t know the real reason for their change of heart - and therefore can’t trust them not to reconsider yet again.

@Alter Ego   We may never know the answers.

Trusted Contributor

I am someone who is posting at both locations.  The difference is that here folks whined and now still are discussing the loss/ reinstatement, etc.  On the other board, folks have moved on with their lives.

Trusted Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

What took me by surprise was how quickly nearly 1000 members signed up on proboards, but only 1/3 signed the petition here to keep the Q boards open.

I thought it was telling.

I like it here and like it there, but I've always liked variety.