Respected Contributor

The Countess of Wessex Visits Sierra Leone

I didn't post this under fashion - I wanted to highlight the good work Sophie is doing. She doesn't often get the credit she deserves.

The Countess of Wessex made a 2 day visit to Sierra Leone that took place between January 22 and 23. Sophie undertook a programme of engagements in Freetown, focusing on addressing se*ual and gender based violence, supporting survivors, and championing women’s role in peacebuilding.

Sophie made a visit to The Peace Museum, in the capital Freetown. She met privately with two survivors to hear their experiences and learnt how it has continued to affect their lives to this day.

The Countess met with the mayor of Freetown Yvonne Aki-Sawyerr and President Dr. Mohamed Juldeh. floral print blouse and green midi dress

The Countess met with the mayor of Freetown Yvonne Aki-Sawyerr and President Dr. Mohamed Juldeh. floral print blouse and green midi dress

Sophie visited the chamber of Parliament and met with members of the women's parliamentary group.

Vice President Dr. Mohamed Juldeh Jalloh at the State House.

Attending a reception at the British High Commissioner’s Residence in Freetown. The Countess met with the mayor of Freetown Yvonne Aki-Sawyerr.

Trusted Contributor

Re: The Countess of Wessex Visits Sierra Leone

She is such a classy lady.  She and Edward make such a cute couple and have such a nice family.  Goes about her duties without a lot of fanfare.  She is a cutie!

Respected Contributor

On the second day of her visit, Sophie visited Russell Technical Secondary School in Sierra Leone to meet children who are benefitting from life-skills lessons via solar radios. The Countess saw how Russell Technical School are educating young people about the importance of gender equality.

The Countess of Wessex visited Russell Technical School in Sierra Leone and visited Tombo Health Clinic. floral print trousers

The Countess of Wessex visited Russell Technical School in Sierra Leone and visited Tombo Health Clinic. floral print trousers

Next was a visit to Tombo Health Clinic in Freetown to see how Department for International Development (DFID) is helping to improve access to family planning services and reproductive health education in Sierra Leone.

Esteemed Contributor

Just getting the job done. Without the poor me attitude.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Sophie, another very positive addition to the royal family. She's a hard worker and seems always congenial. One has to wonder if she, along with others, hasn't had to up her game to pick up the slack...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On the last day of her visit, Sophie visited the Aberdeen Women’s Centre. She toured a ward in the health clinic and met recently treated children and had the opportunity to talk privately with some adult survivors.

The Countess wore a new silk satin midi skirt by Aross Girl x Soler, and brown silk blouse by Aross Girl

The Countess wore a new silk satin midi skirt by Aross Girl x Soler, and brown silk blouse by Aross Girl

Sophie laid a wreath in Freetown's King Tom Commonwealth Cemetery to commemorate the victims of the first and second world wars.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now that Harry and Meghan have abandoned their responsibilities, I predict we'll be seeing a lot more of Sophie and Edward.  Sophie has always seemed to have gotten along well with the Queen and is frequently seen with her on those Sunday trips to church.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

A woman with great class.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmt 

Thank you for posting.

She has way of being with people, kindly available, without overtaking.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Make no mistake the Royal family has done a great deal of good around the world. They get a lot of criticism ,but, I can't think of any family that has done more  to help others, or has done it better