Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,804
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away


@classeee wrote:

@Reiki604 

Nope too slanted for me.


This is one of the saddest statements I've heard.


'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,175
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away


@classeee wrote:

@goldensrbest 

 

Who are the experts?


You don't know what experts are ? Those that are trained in this field, of medicine.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,200
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away


@Biftu wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@classeee wrote:

@Biftu 

The keyword is 'misinformation', which is coming from everywhere!


@classeee  What you're not getting is science is science.  Again, try and educate yourself so you are able to know the difference.


Science may be science, facts may be facts but I think most have heard that those facts and scientific tests can be slanted in a way to make results to be favorable to what those doing the testing want the outcome to be.

 

Too much conflict of interest in testing.

 

 


It really is too soon to tell how this will all turn out, but I believe that scientists all over the world are working on a safe vaccine to save lives.  


@Biftu I hope you're right and I hope that it's done safely!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,373
Registered: ‎10-04-2015

Re: The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away


@haddon9 wrote:
Biftu wrote:
classeee wrote:

@Biftu 

The keyword is 'misinformation', which is coming from everywhere!


@classeee  What you're not getting is science is science.  Again, try and educate yourself so you are able to know the difference.


Science may be science, facts may be facts but I think most have heard that those facts and scientific tests can be slanted in a way to make results to be favorable to what those doing the testing want the outcome to be.

 

Too much conflict of interest in testing.

 

 

 

YES


 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,049
Registered: ‎02-05-2011

Re: The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The idea that we can't trust ANYONE, that everything is misinformation, is complicit in our inability to get anything done in this country anymore.

 

It's in and of itself the most egregious misinformation of all!


@suzyQ3  @Biftu It's a result of reflexive control psychological warfare being waged against our own population. Frightening stuff. It's not meant to make you believe anything. It's meant to make you give up trying. I hate it when I see it work on people.

 

 


@Porcelain  Very interesting article.  We know who is following the model.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,442
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away


@Reiki604 wrote:

@classeee wrote:

@Reiki604 

Nope too slanted for me.


This is one of the saddest statements I've heard.


Just so it's clear, the poster, in replying to your saying that you believe in science, here says that it's too slanted.

 

I agree that this is sad, but I would go further to say that it is extremely frightening and downright dangerous.

 

@Reiki604 


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor
Posts: 334
Registered: ‎06-14-2011

Re: The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away

US Population (2019) - 328,000,000 US COVID Cases - 4,830,000 US COVID Deaths - 159,000 Using these stats, in the US, average: You have a 1.47% chance of even CATCHING the virus You have a 3.2% chance, after catching COVID, of death You have a 3.57% chance of being struck by lightning,  But because of the significant number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic people with COVID-19, the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention estimates the number of infected people could be 10 times the number of confirmed cases. Using the current numbers, that means more than 30 million people could have been infected, which would make the infection fatality rate 0.4% -- meaning 99.6% of people survive the virus.

 

We are bombared every day with horrors of this virus if you get it.  People have taken to beating people up over a mask because of the fear that has been propagated.   People have been told it's an instant death if you get it.  Well, if you are 65 or older with issues than yes, you incur a much  higher rate of having severe issues or death from this.  But fact is there are a lot of viruses that can cause death in older people with issues.  Also a fact is if you are 65 or under without any underlying issues you will most likely survive.  You may have minor symptoms, and the lower in age you go the chances of survival grow.  This is a fact.  There are anomolies with people in the lower age groups that had other issues.  But over all this is extremely survivable.  No one is denying the deaths. But again death "with" covid and "from" covid are 2 separate issues.  And since hospitals are getting funds for covid patients, coding is sketchy. Hospitals lost a lot of money from people not going to them for anything other than "emergencies".  

Also those "refrigerator" trucks of bodies everyone was getting upset about was because funerals were not being held in the timely manner they used to be.  Bodies were not being released to funeral homes.  There is only so much room in the morgue.  Not every body that died was a covid victim. Millions die from millions of other causes every day.  Heart attacks, strokes, car accidents, drug overdoses, drowning, cancer, etc.  

I have seen and hugged my grandchildren.  I turned 60 in July.  I am a "fluffy" person. :-) .  I know at some point I will die.  But I am here to live.  And to hide from something that is 99.6% survival rate I'll take my chances.  My husband is on the front lines. He has been walking through it since the beginning.  We do wear a mask for the comfort of others.  I'm sure I will be seen as crazy since I have read some that are absolutely terrified of this.  And if you are then take all the precautions.  But we walk a fine line when we impose jail, fines, injury, and death from those injuries, simply because some people were "uncomfortable" around someone who wasnt standing far enough away, or wearing a mask.  You say it's a simple thing to do.  Ok.  But this is survivable for a vast majority.  They are not being cavalier, they just don't have the same fear you do.  To become judge, jury and executioner because you are uncomfortable is wrong.  Just move away or leave.  Millions more have this virus than they believed.  Millions have had this with no symptoms.  I just don't get lashing out at people over this.  Beating people, Ruining their lives.  Seriously?  It's a virus.  People die every day from something.  This is one more of a million other things we could die of each day.  I understand you don't want to contract it.  But a mask is still no guarantee.  It might lower the risk but heck most people don't wear them right or touch them or don't even clean them regularly.  So, punching someone who might just be negative, is dumb.  The anger I have seen on this board is astounding.  I have read posts of people wishing the maskless would just die because they are "murderers"  Really??  The only one that can take of you is you.  The only one you should expect to take care of you is you.  I don't expect anyone to do anything for me period.  People are people.  They are going to do what they are going to do. Your fear is not theirs and probably never will be.  

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,124
Registered: ‎03-29-2019

Re: The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away


@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Reiki604 wrote:

@classeee wrote:

@Reiki604 

Nope too slanted for me.


This is one of the saddest statements I've heard.


Just so it's clear, the poster, in replying to your saying that you believe in science, here says that it's too slanted.

 

I agree that this is sad, but I would go further to say that it is extremely frightening and downright dangerous.

 

@Reiki604 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And this is why other countries will be up and running and open, long before we will ever be.

 

 

Their citizens trust their scientists, and are willing to follow what they recommend, in order to lower the numbers.

 

 

Us?

 

 

We don't trust our own shadow.

 

 

 

 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,442
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away


@haddon9 wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@classeee wrote:

@Biftu 

The keyword is 'misinformation', which is coming from everywhere!


@classeee  What you're not getting is science is science.  Again, try and educate yourself so you are able to know the difference.


Science may be science, facts may be facts but I think most have heard that those facts and scientific tests can be slanted in a way to make results to be favorable to what those doing the testing want the outcome to be.

 

Too much conflict of interest in testing.

 

 


@haddon9, while there are occasional conflicts of interest -- like when an industry conducts a study -- scientists who do research and gather data have no ax to grind, no bias. If they did and it affected the outcome, you would hear about it from their peers.

 

Of course some studies are broader than others. Some results are merely interesting but not definitive, often because the study was too small.

 

But none of this should any of us so skeptical that we dismiss science altogether. Without respect for science, the vacuum is filled with conjecture, personal opinions, and purposeful misinformation for one reason or another.

 

Maybe @pitdakota can explain it better than I.


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor
Posts: 213
Registered: ‎04-26-2010

Re: The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away

@Biftu 

I know the difference believe me.