Honored Contributor

Re: The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away

@Biftu wrote:

@desertrat8 wrote:

@Biftu

At this point, I don't trust the scientists or the 'other ' people involved.

@desertrat8  We need to trust someone and know that science has improved our lives in many ways throughout time.  It's difficult to hear how following scientific recommendations may significantly change our lives, I get that, but scientific facts is what we have to rely on especially during these times of so much misinformation.  Higher levels of familiarity with the work scientists do helps show their credibility.  

@Biftu Very true that science has helped our lives to be better.  I would love to put my trust with the authorities.  It would ease my mind a bit.

However can you tell me that scientists who are employed by the big pharmaceutical companies are doing their best looking out for our interests rather than the interests of the companies that they work for?....particularly when there is no liability for those companies who create vaccines? 

I think a lot of people are worried about the truth being told to them and the safety of a vaccine that's being rushed....sorry I just don't feel comfortable trusting they have the population's best interests at heart.

Respected Contributor

@desertrat8 wrote:

@reiki604 

Pretty much no one.  Who can you trust anymore?

Science

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Biftu wrote:

@desertrat8 wrote:

@Biftu 

The keyword is 'misinformation', which is coming from everywhere!

@desertrat8  What you're not getting is science is science.  Again, try and educate yourself so you are able to know the difference.

Science may be science, facts may be facts but I think most have heard that those facts and scientific tests can be slanted in a way to make results to be favorable to what those doing the testing want the outcome to be.

Too much conflict of interest in testing.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Biftu wrote:

@desertrat8 wrote:

@Biftu 

The keyword is 'misinformation', which is coming from everywhere!

@desertrat8  What you're not getting is science is science.  Again, try and educate yourself so you are able to know the difference.

Science may be science, facts may be facts but I think most have heard that those facts and scientific tests can be slanted in a way to make results to be favorable to what those doing the testing want the outcome to be.

Too much conflict of interest in testing.

It really is too soon to tell how this will all turn out, but I believe that scientists all over the world are working on a safe vaccine to save lives.  

Respected Contributor

Far better than the piece in "The Atlantic" is "America’s Coronavirus Endurance Test," an article in "The New Yorker," by Howard Markel, who has far better creds than the staff writer who's credited with the negative Atlantic article. I urge you to read it for historical perspective. The guy uses too many commas and needs work on that/which, but hey, so do I.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The idea that we can't trust ANYONE, that everything is misinformation, is complicit in our inability to get anything done in this country anymore.

It's in and of itself the most egregious misinformation of all!

@suzyQ3  @Biftu It's a result of reflexive control psychological warfare being waged against our own population. Frightening stuff. It's not meant to make you believe anything. It's meant to make you give up trying. I hate it when I see it work on people.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

From some posts on here,it sure sounds like a certain person has put doubt in their heads,i trust science,and experts.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

@reiki604 

Nope too slanted for me.

Honored Contributor

Neither is the flu or the common cold.

Super Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Who are the experts?