Honored Contributor

Re: The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away

@Kachina624 wrote:

Doesnt need to go away if we can get a vaccine that makes us immune to it.

@Kachina624   Like the flu...with no guarantees that you still will not get it, this virus will be very hard to eradicate.  It will take YEARS to find what works ...maybe two shots a year....add that to flu shots....seems like our lives will revolve around getting shots.

I plan to be wearing a mask for the rest of my life....I do not see things getting back to what we Use to know in my lifetime....sadly.  I am 65.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's my thoughts on the whole thing.

Almost every day, there are posts loudly saying things like, "Wearing masks is mandatory! "

"They need to fine those who refuse to wear a mask!"

" Call the cops on those who refuse to wear a mask and/or socially distance! "

Yet, quite a few of the same people who demand that everyone must wear a mask, socially distance, and stay home, will refuse to get vaccinated against the virus.

"My body, my choice!"

Okay, fair enough.

But, then it is also the persons choice to wear a mask or not.

If masks and social distancing is going to be mandated, then so should getting vaccinated.

Afterall, don't we want to do everything in our power to control/defeat this virus?

If a vaccine is going to help to that end, then it only makes sense to get the vaccine.

I know that I will.

What I am trying to say is, there is going to be a lot of hypocrisy when it comes to the vaccine.

The ones demanding that everyone follow the mandate for masks and social distancing, and to hell with personal choice on that, will be dead set against mandatory vaccination, because it infringes on their personal choice.

If they really want to get this virus under control, and they are adamant about wearing masks and social distancing, then they should also be equally as adamant about people getting vaccinated against the virus.

Otherwise, they are just hypocrites.

If they don't want to get vaccinated, fine, but then just stay home and don't complain about how others are interacting.

Just my $0.02

P.S.

Yes, I DO wear a mask 100% of the time.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden    On the bright side, the polio virus still exists but as long as people are immunized, nobody gets the disease.

Where is Jonas Salk when we need him?  I think it's going to take a lot longer than 6 month to get a really effective vaccine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819 when parents send their children to school their future might be a mandatory covid-19 vaccination.  Vaccines are done on newborns.  Vaccines are done on young adults entering college, entering the military and who knows maybe some countries will make it mandatory before entering.  Yet, as others have said, this more than likely will not provide lifetime immunity but require booster shots or yearly vaccinations and therein lies the problem.  There is no legislation that makes it mandatory to get a yearly vaccination for adults and doubtful there ever will be in our life time. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden Thank you for posting the link and not the entire article!

Honored Contributor

I DO NOT WANT TO WEAR A MASK ,THE REST OF MY LIFE,that sounds just so awful.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 I honest to God do not care if anyone is a hypocrite. There are so many worse things to be. And you can accuse anyone of it. Oooh a vegan wearing a leather belt. Well they are still a vegan. That is not the devastating conversation ender some think it is.

People need to protect themselves with a mask and social distancing and hygiene -- and getting vaccinated once there is a safe reliable vaccine. No excuses. No force, but you should not be able to do certain things in public if you don't take these necessary steps.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

@goldensrbest I don't want to either so I will stay home where I don't have to wear one or take a drive with my husband and again no one will tell us we have to wear a mask while in our vehicle.  

But, sadly....yes I will wear a mask forever if need be when we go out.  

I think there's not a day that goes by that tears don't careen from my eyes over this terrible disease when I read what people have gone through to survive or to bury their loved ones.  

Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Here's my thoughts on the whole thing.

Almost every day, there are posts loudly saying things like, "Wearing masks is mandatory! "

"They need to fine those who refuse to wear a mask!"

" Call the cops on those who refuse to wear a mask and/or socially distance! "

Yet, quite a few of the same people who demand that everyone must wear a mask, socially distance, and stay home, will refuse to get vaccinated against the virus.

"My body, my choice!"

Okay, fair enough.

But, then it is also the persons choice to wear a mask or not.

If masks and social distancing is going to be mandated, then so should getting vaccinated.

Afterall, don't we want to do everything in our power to control/defeat this virus?

If a vaccine is going to help to that end, then it only makes sense to get the vaccine.

I know that I will.

What I am trying to say is, there is going to be a lot of hypocrisy when it comes to the vaccine.

The ones demanding that everyone follow the mandate for masks and social distancing, and to hell with personal choice on that, will be dead set against mandatory vaccination, because it infringes on their personal choice.

If they really want to get this virus under control, and they are adamant about wearing masks and social distancing, then they should also be equally as adamant about people getting vaccinated against the virus.

Otherwise, they are just hypocrites.

If they don't want to get vaccinated, fine, but then just stay home and don't complain about how others are interacting.

Just my $0.02

P.S.

Yes, I DO wear a mask 100% of the time.

@Anonymous032819  Slight difference between wearing a mask and getting an injection of something where you don't know how your body will react.  An injection is invasive.  A mask is not.

I do not get a flu shot because of reactivity.  I do wear a mask during flu season and avoid crowds so that I do not get sick.  That's my choice.  I've been wearing a mask since early March because it is a really easy thing to do and I don't have to worry about my body having a reaction.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.