Honored Contributor

Re: The Coronavirus Is Never Going Away

I remember so well the swine flu vaccine and all it's negative issues.  In the end the vaccine was only about 43% effective at best and many have had lifelong negative effects after getting it.  The way they are rushing a vaccine I will pass!

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@SeaMaiden  

There's another current story on the Atlantic website that is extremely sobering reading.

How the Pandemic Defeated America

A virus has brought the world’s most powerful country to its knees.

It is very yikes. We need to invest much more in public health!

@Porcelain& @SeaMaiden, my husband demanded that I read it. It is long but it lays it all out with deadly precision.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I'm 72 and foresee wearing a mask for the rest of my life. I have stocked up as I don't plan on taking any chances. Ever.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't imagine I would take a vaccine 💉 that comes out miraculously by November.  

Since the virus seems to adversely affect those of us with metabolic issues, I am doing my best to eat healthy and to drive my blood sugar levels down. 

Valued Contributor

Regarding healthcare, there is nothing such as “one size fits all”. We are highly individualized
Honored Contributor

I have to wonder, how did we get here? There have been diseases in the past that were a concern, like the bird flu and swine flu which didn't gather much steam as the Coronavirus has. Is it possible this disease will never disappear, will it one day wipe out mankind? As for a vaccine, I have spoken to people who have said they're not getting the vaccine. I will not be first on line for the vaccine, I will wait and see how people who have gotten the vaccine respond first.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I take the virus very seriously and think it will be with us for some time, maybe forever, but I'm also an optimist and believe that we will learn to adapt to this new normal.   I'm hopeful that our scientists will be able to develop an effective vaccine as well as theraputics to help those who get sick.  

I am concerned about our small businesses and those who are unemployed.  I hope they get the help they need so that they can recover from this.

Valued Contributor

senior, on insulin, heart by pass patient, NOT getting shot. do not get flu shot either.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
Porcelain wrote:

SeaMaiden  

There's another current story on the Atlantic website that is extremely sobering reading.

How the Pandemic Defeated America

A virus has brought the world’s most powerful country to its knees.

This is a just another political piece coming from the left ..The Atlantic 

Honored Contributor

There's a rumor that this virus is somewhat like a flu or maybe a cold ?, which develop various strains. 

Well, let's hope for the best for all.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).