Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Collection of Elizabeth Taylor

@Sweet_Serenity

She had some fabulous jewelry, and wore it well.  That picture of her is so perfectly "Liz."

In the movie, "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," she wore a diamond solitare necklace high on her throat.  I've been trying to find one similar to it for years.

Finally found one that looks very close.  While I'll never look like Elizabeth, it makes me think of her when I put it on.

Yes, she and Richard B. were a fiery match on screen and in real life.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

Well, color me shocked.

Seems it was a heart shaped pendant with a solitaire diamond and QVC sold a replica at one time!

I should have researched it more carefully.

Sadly, no longer available!

Who knew?

http://www.qvc.com/The-Elizabeth-Taylor-1.35cttw-Simulated-Diamond-Heart-Drop-Necklace.product.J3238...

Respected Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Giving Liz expensive jewelry was a requirement. Even Michael Jackson gave her jewelry. Not - just ex-husbands.

@kivah

Presently I'm reading a biography about ET.  She certainly did receive a lot of jewelry from A LOT of men. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Anthony Geary is gay.

Respected Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

@Kachina624, I forgot about Larry!  I just looked him up on Wiki and was surprised to read they were married for 5 years.  She did seesaw with her weight, but I think she really started putting on most of it when she was married to Senator Warner (she was only 44 at the time).  She hated being a political wife and really was unhappy living in Virginia.  Apparently she maintained close friendships with both Warner and Fortensky until her death.

I also just read on Wiki, (on Liz's page), that she was engaged to a few different men in between husbands.  But the real kicker for me was she and Anthony Geary (yes, Luke, General Hospital) dated for a while. 

I wish she and Burton could have made it work, they truly seemed to love each other very much, but were just oil and water.

@Its Me LuLuBelle2

Presently I'm reading a biography about ET.  She remained "friends" (with benefits) with most of her ex husbands.

As for dating, she must have slept with most of Hollywood's stars. (both straight and gay) Then again, it seems even in the 30s & 40s, movie stars just traded partners.

Valued Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Anthony Geary is gay.

@YorkieonmyPillow, My guess is when he and Liz "dated," he probably didn't want the fact he was gay made public. A great Liz quote:  "I've only slept with men I've been married to. How many women can make that claim?"

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/elizabeth_taylor

Respected Contributor

Liz Taylor slept with A LOT of men she never married.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1

There wasn't much to do while filming the movies.