Regular Contributor

The Christmas Lights Glow No More

Little by little our neighborhood is starting to darken at night as the neighbors are shutting down their outside Christmas lights. Tonight will be our last night to light ours. it almost gives you a sad feeling, that knowing it's all over. So are you sad or happy when the Christmas lights go out?
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Christmas Lights Glow No More

The whole thing is a big letdown.

Honored Contributor

We just got our decorations down, put away and cleaned up. As I was working with my husband I said I am going to miss the lights in this corner where our tree was. Yeah...kind of sad...but I am ready to move on...other then the lights in the one corner of our living room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I think I'm the only person with outside lights on in my block. I'll light them through January 6th and then it's back to the usual accent lighting. It does look bland.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I would like to see some kind of pretty white lights up all winter, it just brightens up the winter darkness.
Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 Jannabelle said: I would like to see some kind of pretty white lights up all winter, it just brightens up the winter darkness.

We live in a hilly area and when you come over a hill there is a shopping area which is all limestone... each building has white lights very tightly pulled...so straight and it really adds to the ambiance as you shop or drive over that hill...wish they would leave those lights up year round.

Respected Contributor

I would love winter lights to stay on till spring.

Respected Contributor

I love our Christmas decorations but I am glad all is packed away for another year. I do not find it at all sad. What I find sad is seeing Christmas lights lit well after the season.

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 insomniac said:

I would love winter lights to stay on till spring.

Me too...

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 Jannabelle said: I would like to see some kind of pretty white lights up all winter, it just brightens up the winter darkness.

I agree, the lights are so pretty. I keep some in the home all year, changing with the seasons and holidays.

But it's time to get back to business: clean up, make new plans and get things done Smile

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices