What is it they need money for? So ridiculous 

According to @esmerelda you must be jealous! Woman LOL

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Bullied Tennessee Boy

@Moonchilde wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

Personally, I think the Principal needs an attitude adjustment and then get his butt fired. HE is an example of the BIGGEST problem in the school system: the school system ITSELF refusing to recognize the problem (whatever it may be) and DO something about the problem.

Do NOT get me started on this cr@p. I've dealt with it first hand; I've advocated for those who have been a victim courtesy of the Board of Education and I've fought and won each time it was necessary. Disgusting adult, this man is.

I belong to several local FB groups, and they are full of mothers of school age children, mostly elementary, some middle school. Many instances of bullying are discussed, and the pattern I see is that no school administrator does jack about it. Not the teachers, the principal or the county higher-ups. They do nothing when confronted by parents. I just do not get this. They pay lip service to being against bullying but then wilfully and knowingly let it keep occurring.

Then, in the schools my kids have gone to, when the little bullies are good for a week they are rewarded with child of the month, lead in the school play, you name it.  The kids who are good all the time are completely overlooked. 

Esteemed Contributor

To clarify...the people on social media shouting "racist" may be jealous etc.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

According to @esmerelda you must be jealous! Woman LOL

AND a bully, don’t forget. Based on...just throwing stones because one can.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

@GenXmuse

@Bonanzajellybean wrote:

From what the news stated it was for his college fund.  If so, then there should be a condition it cannot be touched  EXCEPT for his college fund and take it out of the mother's control.  Put it in a trust and if it isn't used for college it should be returned to the donors.  The gate is now open for others to follow.  

Honored Contributor

It seems she might need money because it's Christmas?  Her own posts tell the story about her attitude toward other races.  It's  really disgusting

This entire thing doesn't pass the smell test with me. I have no reason at all to be jealous of anyone.

I have a very nice lifestyle, and I don't begrudge anyone of what they have. That doesn't mean I approve of using your child to make a nice pile of cash

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5169793/Mom-bullied-boy-DENIES-trying-make-money.html

Honored Contributor

I was surprised to see so many celebrities on Twitter posting to this child and basically promoting it.

A friend of mine had to move her daughter to a different school district due to bullying because the school wouldn't do anything about it even though she had all the social media posts from the children involved.  The school's position is the parents should work it out themselves.

This is similar to neighbor issues where they want the HOA board to intervene.

I see both sides of the issue but if the bullying can't be proved on school property, I"m not sure what the schools can do (this is a general statement about bullying not about this particular incident as I haven't seen the video).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

It seems she might need money because it's Christmas?  Her own posts tell the story about her attitude toward other races.  It's  really disgusting

This entire thing doesn't pass the smell test with me. I have no reason at all to be jealous of anyone.

I have a very nice lifestyle, and I don't begrudge anyone of what they have. That doesn't mean I approve of using your child to make a nice pile of cash

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5169793/Mom-bullied-boy-DENIES-trying-make-money.html

@cherry Agreed.  This whole sad story (sad because it involves a child) does not past the smell test for me either.  Her FB page was disgusting.  Not only the photos, but her racist name-calling.  She also had comments arguing with people that questioned her intentions and she tried calling them out for not "supporting their own kind."  No surprise that her FB page has changed all its privacy settings, and no one can see those posts any longer. 

Respected Contributor

I feel sorry for the child and hope he gets to go to another school.

However, I think people should donate money to children who are hungry or physically sick. He will get through this.

Honored Contributor

The first time i saw this yesterday, my heart felt so bad for him,and i still feel that ,upon watching it again ,i felt very uncomfortable about the mom doing this.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.