Honored Contributor

Re: The Bullied Tennessee Boy

@SahmIam wrote:

@suzyQ3 Lol. Sometimes, you just gotta be real.

@SahmIam, I can just see a slimy guy slithering over to a woman in a club and telling her that she is might breed-worthy ( a la "sponge-worthy for Seinfeld fans).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

I don't think he really changed the world, but if he is a bit happier about himself, he changed his world for the better. That's what really matters

Honored Contributor

I saw the interview with Keaton's mother earlier today who complained about being "bullied".  I had to peel myself off of the ceiling that a mother could use that term about herself knowing this whole scenerio started with her son actually being horribly bullied through no fault of his own.  My continued good thoughts and prayers for Keaton.

Super Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

Personally, I think the Principal needs an attitude adjustment and then get his butt fired. HE is an example of the BIGGEST problem in the school system: the school system ITSELF refusing to recognize the problem (whatever it may be) and DO something about the problem.

Do NOT get me started on this cr@p. I've dealt with it first hand; I've advocated for those who have been a victim courtesy of the Board of Education and I've fought and won each time it was necessary. Disgusting adult, this man is.

I belong to several local FB groups, and they are full of mothers of school age children, mostly elementary, some middle school. Many instances of bullying are discussed, and the pattern I see is that no school administrator does jack about it. Not the teachers, the principal or the county higher-ups. They do nothing when confronted by parents. I just do not get this. They pay lip service to being against bullying but then wilfully and knowingly let it keep occurring.

I pick my grandkids up daily after school along with another boy first grade and there is are 2 kids and is one first grade not sure how old his brother is but he is older.Anyway they have hit my first grade granddaughter and the other little boy i get many times and the last couple times he has threatened to kill them.....The school is very lackadaisical about this and has no concern...After me going to office for 3rd time and calling school district it seems all they are doing is having a teacher at gate with my kids until i get there....So the boys are left to go after other kids.

When i talked to principal and expressed my concern over this boy possibly having some serious issues and that maybe someone should look into whats going on at home she totally ignored what i said and went on to something else..No concern at all.......Imo this is a cry for help and these teachers/principals dont care and no one wants to get involved...I find this disturbing and disheartening.

Another thing i find disturbing about schools is my one grandaughter is 6th grade and i just found out she cant hardly spell!...You know what her teacher told my daughter,oh dont worry shes doing fine..Were looking into sylvan learning center because the schools are not doing there job..Got to talking to another mother at school and she told me she had to jump threw hoops and threaten them if they didnt get her daughter in the special ed class because she was falling behind as well.They kept saying she is doing fine and cynthia would tell them no shes not and they wouldnt listen!

Honored Contributor

We now know this kid is a liar, not too surprising considering the immediate GoFundMe request.

Esteemed Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

There was always bulling & it is not right but I think kids are being coddled amd want everything taken care of for them. It use to be you took care of it yourself. Just walk away & ignore them.

It has nothing to do with being coddled and having everything taken care of for them.

When I was in elementary school (a very long time ago), one of the boys in my neighborhood who was "different" killed himself.  He was teased all the time, and clearly felt bullied to the point that he no longer wanted to live. So yes, I guess you could say he "took care of it himself". 

It's easy to say "Just walk away and ignore them".  Not so easy to do when you're young, vulnerable, and the bullying is constant and without mercy.  No one should have to endure that or deal with it on their own.

Honored Contributor

Great post @NYC Susan, thank you for your thoughts and insights.

My heart just continues to break for this little guy.