Respected Contributor

I have been consumed with this story; now the mom being questioned on her intent.  Bottom line, my heart goes out to that precious child who has been victimized.  A compelling story...

http://www.tmz.com/2017/12/10/bullying-bullied-child-milk-mother/

QVC Customer Care

Re: The Bullied Tennessee Boy

Trusted Contributor

I think that kids who bully are probably dealing with some sort of abuse at home.  That kind of cruelty has to come from anger over the way they are treated.  I’m not excusing it or trying to defend the bullies, but you have to wonder where it comes from.

Respected Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

I think that kids who bully are probably dealing with some sort of abuse at home.  That kind of cruelty has to come from anger over the way they are treated.  I’m not excusing it or trying to defend the bullies, but you have to wonder where it comes from.

It comes from all kinds of kids from all kinds of homes. You can't justify it by pinpointing it to one thing.  It matters not where it comes from. 

QVC Customer Care

Trusted Contributor

@makena wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

It comes from all kinds of kids from all kinds of homes. You can't justify it by pinpointing it to one thing.  It matters not where it comes from. 

It come from 1 of 2 places.  Either it’s bad parenting, or the kid is a sociopath.  It totally matters where it comes from, because they are children, too, and all children should be protected and get help if necessary.

Honored Contributor

Personally, I think the Principal needs an attitude adjustment and then get his butt fired. HE is an example of the BIGGEST problem in the school system: the school system ITSELF refusing to recognize the problem (whatever it may be) and DO something about the problem.

Do NOT get me started on this cr@p. I've dealt with it first hand; I've advocated for those who have been a victim courtesy of the Board of Education and I've fought and won each time it was necessary. Disgusting adult, this man is.

Respected Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

@makena wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

It come from 1 of 2 places.  Either it’s bad parenting, or the kid is a sociopath.  It totally matters where it comes from, because they are children, too, and all children should be protected and get help if necessary.

Again, you can't say it's one of two things.  A child that bullies is not necessarily one who has been abused.  Some kids think they are better than others and they have an attitude that they can do whatever they please.  It may be how they were brought up and they are mimicking how their parents are.  It's a learned behavior.  There are many reasons and situations.

Honored Contributor

The bullied child had a GoFund Me page which is now put on hold/shut down.  $58K raised.

Read all about it HERE

I am going to set up a GoFund Me page for my "Tahiti Dream House." whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@makena wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@makena wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

Again, you can't say it's one of two things.  A child that bullies is not necessarily one who has been abused.  Some kids think they are better than others and they have an attitude that they can do whatever they please.  It may be how they were brought up and they are mimicking how their parents are.  It's a learned behavior.  There are many reasons and situations.

Do you realize that you said I was wrong then went on to explain why I was right?