Frequent Contributor

Re: The Brittany Murphy Story

I watched it. Not sure how factual it was, but shame on mom and husband for not bringing her to a doctor,
Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 MaryV said: I watched it. Not sure how factual it was, but shame on mom and husband for not bringing her to a doctor,
That is so true! They are at fault!
Esteemed Contributor

I forgot about it, shoot. I really liked her though. She was always one of my favorites. Very sad what happened to her and then for her husband to go the same way just months later. Very strange....

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/8/2014 MaryV said: I watched it. Not sure how factual it was, but shame on mom and husband for not bringing her to a doctor,

She had an appt the day she died but did not make it there.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

On 9/8/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

But when someone is not able to breath... and is out of it... you call 911. You do not wait for a doctor's appointment.

Super Contributor

From what was shown in the movie, Brittany was insistent on not going to a Hospital because of what happened to her when she had the fainting spell. The press had a field day with that and the rumors followed her for years. She was a drug addict, etc. etc...instead of the truth which was she had hypo-glycemia and anemia.

Super Contributor

I understand that she did not want to go to hospital.. but I will tell you it it were my loved one, I would have called 911 no matter WHAT THEY SAID as sick as she was. She could be steaming mad at her Mother, but, perhaps she would be alive to be mad.....

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/8/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 9/8/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

But when someone is not able to breath... and is out of it... you call 911. You do not wait for a doctor's appointment.

She had a respiratory infection and no one thought she was THAT sick at all. I can remember her husband and mother saying the night before they had all eaten in bed while watching tv and she was in good spirits despite feeling sick. She wasn't gasping for air, she was coughing, certainly nothing that would indicate she was that seriously ill. I don't know anyone who would call an ambulance for that especially when she was getting ready for a doctors appt that morning.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

I watched it yesterday and I'm not sure what to think about the casting for the lead. Who is going to really be able to 'be' Brittany Murphy? Also agree about the casting for Ashton Kutcher - wow! That guy had the look AND everything else down pat.

There was some pretty creepy stuff about the husband that I didn't know - or if I did, I had forgotten. I also didn't realize that he died a few months after she did.

I was thinking, upon watching because I didn't know this before, that due to her congenital heart condition maybe it would have been appropriate to have taken her to the doc earlier on. That probably complicated things, no?

Trusted Contributor

I thought she was cute. Don't think she was a great actress but she was OK in some of the roles she played. However this Lifetime movie about her was awful. Was that Sherilyn Fenn as her mother?