Respected Contributor

The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven Publisher Recall

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-blog/wp/2015/01/15/boy-who-came-back-from-heaven-going-bac...

Product DetailsTyndale House, a major Christian publisher, has announced that it will stop selling “The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven,” by Alex Malarkey and his father, Kevin Malarkey.

I didn't read this but I've read one or two others that I didn't really feel told you anything. Am I reading too much into this by wondering about the authors last name.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven Publisher Recall

I believe that is their real last name, but that's the only real thing about it. Quite an embarrassment for the publisher.

He made the whole thing up.

Here's the story from the London Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2913259/Man-wrote-best-selling-book-saw-heaven-near-death-ex...

Respected Contributor

I read the book and thought it was a waste of time..

I don't like to be critical of another....

But it really seem like so much was missing when this really does happen...

I have read others accounts and this version fell short

Glad to know I was not far off about this fraud...

Never once did I feel the Holy Spirit to witness this...

Honored Contributor

I'm a Christian but am always skeptical when it comes to these kinds of stories. Anybody else think it's kinda funny that their name is ""Malarkey"" ?
Honored Contributor

I never bought into this story. Never.

Respected Contributor

My take on these books is I can't say whether or not someone had a vision of heaven but since Paul couldn't describe it in the bible I don't know how these people can write books describing it. And the books I have read didn't really describe anything.

Trusted Contributor

What do you think about the book and movie, "Heaven is for Real?" Do you think that kid really "saw" heaven as described by his father in the book?

Honored Contributor

It is really pathetic when we have to recall books.......

Super Contributor

On 1/16/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said: I'm a Christian but am always skeptical when it comes to these kinds of stories. Anybody else think it's kinda funny that their name is ""Malarkey"" ?

The name struck me immediately. LOL I thought maybe the whole thing was a joke from the get-go.

I'm also just as skeptical of the Heaven is for Real book by the 4 year old Colton Burpo.