Super Contributor

Re: The Biggest Stereotype Of Every State In America In 1 Map

On 2/1/2014 ninjawife said:

Just because Delaware is small, it does not make it boring. No sales tax. Close to Philly. Train ride away from NYC and DC. Great beaches. Winterthur. Punkin Chunkin. Firefly. Dover Downs Monster Mile. Joe Biden (he's definitely not boring!).

Loved my four years there at UD. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} (Same time as JB although he was ahead of me) Not boring at all. And lets not forget the other Joe: Flacco! And Rich Gannon. With no pro teams, we had a very active college sports scene then and still do now. Go Blue Hens!

While I would use "boring" I might say "flat". We used to call the slight hill on campus the "Highest point in Delaware" although I think the top of the bridge over the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal might beat it. Wink

Respected Contributor

While it's true that Nevada is rather empty between Reno and Las Vegas, I think it is better known for its legal bordellos.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

Gee...I've lived in one liberal state, two poor states, and two cold states...what an exciting life!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

That's funny, but I can't imagine anyone wondering why Texas is big!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

What worries you masters you.
Contributor

New York is expensive.

Esteemed Contributor

This conservative state lady would like to spend 3 weeks in that expensive island in the Pacific Ocean. I promise not to be conservation while I'm over there!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

On 2/1/2014 ury said:

This conservative state lady would like to spend 3 weeks in that expensive island in the Pacific Ocean. I promise not to be conservation while I'm over there!

And this liberal state lady could go for that also.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/1/2014 deepwaterdotter said:
On 2/1/2014 ury said:

And this liberal state lady could go for that also.

We'll have a connecting flight in either a hot or expensive state, but we can handle it

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I was born in a bad state, grew up in a hot state, went to college in an expensive state, lived the first part of my working life in a good state, and now live in a liberal state. Hmm.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Super Contributor

California is an expensive state for sure. Housing even in our little town averages over $250,000 and that is only because of the housing market. In the bay area you need at least a million to buy a house under 2000 square feet.