Trusted Contributor

The Berkshire Sheet set?? Anyone order?

It seems like a good way to sleep on sheets and you don't have to get an electric blanket. Since my head injury I tossed out my electric blanket and I loved it but I was laying down thinking ALL OF THESE electrical curents are all over my body.  ??  I hope I love the sheets and I hope they don't pill.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Berkshire Sheet set?? Anyone order?

[ Edited ]

I just got two of the sets I ordered today (I have another set still in process).  This is the first time I've ordered these so I don't know how they're going to hold up, but they do feel incredibly soft.

I can't say I was impressed with the packaging!  They were in those zippered plastic bags and both of mine were all ripped and torn open.  The two boxes they arrived in were in perfect condition, so they were clearly packed that way.  I like to keep the plastic bags to store them in off season, but these will have to be thrown out.

I'm going to wash them before I put them on the bed.  Let us all know what you think, when you get yours.

(ETA:  I have about five sets of the Polar Fleece sheets and love those, so I'll have to see how these compare.)

Trusted Contributor

You received those fast and I am so happy for you and I am excited and will let you know how I like mine.  They said wash cold I think and dry low and no dryer sheets but I do not use those anyway. I hope they last and last because I have a beautiful cream mircofleece blanket and it pills.......sigh I hate that.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DowntonAbbey - Fast isn't the word for it.  They literally shipped before the end of the day when they were the TSV!  I think they were worried I'd change my mind.  Woman LOL

(I just checked my orders and the two that arrived today - Plum and Dark Blue - came from Pennsylvania.  The other set - Truffle - is coming from North Carolina.  Strange.)

Is your blanket by Berkshire?  I wouldn't expect it to pill, if it is and you washed it in cold water with no fabric softener, as they say.  Definitely follow those instructions.  And I think you'll find these sheets lovely and warm to sleep in.

Respected Contributor

I had a set from years ago and they were too hot for me.  I'd rather have a flannel sheet. 

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

i ordered them as the tsv  got them yesterday the fastest delivery i have ever had from qvc.

they are very soft got the grey was going to order another color .glad i didn't the fitted sheet doesn't

@Venezia wrote:

@DowntonAbbey - Fast isn't the word for it.  They literally shipped before the end of the day when they were the TSV!  I think they were worried I'd change my mind.  Woman LOL

(I just checked my orders and the two that arrived today - Plum and Dark Blue - came from Pennsylvania.  The other set - Truffle - is coming from North Carolina.  Strange.)

Is your blanket by Berkshire?  I wouldn't expect it to pill, if it is and you washed it in cold water with no fabric softener, as they say.  Definitely follow those instructions.  And I think you'll find these sheets lovely and warm to sleep in.

fit  they need to add 3 or 4 more inches to the fitted sheet  the pockets are deep enough but they don't reach the end of the mattress  i used sheet garters to hold them in place. love the softness but hate being short sheeted. don't know if i got a defect fitted sheet or if they are all that way. any one else have this problem  ??the top sheet is great  

but i think they took the extra material from the fitted sheet

Trusted Contributor

I purchased my blanket at Sams last year so I don't think it is Berkshire and in fact I think I purchased it two years ago.  When they know they can get microfleece with no pills you would think they would make it last.  But that is Sams.  lol

Honored Contributor

I think I'd sweat to death and all you would find was a sweat outline of me in the morning.

I don't like any kind of fleece because of the pilling.  Once sweat shirt fleece starts to pill on the inside I have to turn it inside out to wear it because of the way it feels on my skin.

Honored Contributor

Ordered my third set and they are delivering tomorrow I think.  They are wonderful!  I've had one set for over a year.  I wash them by themselves and then air dry them (they come out practically dry anyway) and I have yet to find even one thing wrong with the quality of the fabric.  

I am always cold so I won't comment on the hot factor but I will tell you they are not like having a true velvet wrap on you.  They do breathe and I have a blanket and comforter on top of my sheets right now.  Love them!!  

Honored Contributor

I don't own the QVC brand but I own 2 sets from  the Concierge Collection on HSN under the "Comfy Cozy" line.  I don't think they've had them yet this year but they are the same as the Berkshire Sheets.

I think they did a disservice calling these velvet soft because I think people were misreading or misinterpreting and thinking these were velvet sheets.  I saw it here on the boards and I heard a few callers say velvet sheets.  I also heard a couple hosts emphasize that the sheets were NOT velvet.

Anyhow, my DH absolutely loves these sheets and he would love it if I kept these on the bed year round.  Personally, I'd rather be cool than warm when I sleep.  I have these on the bed now.  When it gets cool but I refuse to turn the heat on, these sheets are perfect.  Once it's full blown cold and we start using our woodburning stove, these sheets are way too hot for me to sleep on.  But they are the softest sheets I've ever owned. They are nothing at all like microfleece.