Honored Contributor

Re: The Beatles Have Landed! Feb. 7, 1964

I remember watching them because my folks always watched Ed Sullivan!  They weren't impressed, but I sure was.... boy I thought they were good!!  I fell in love with Paul right off the bat (naturally) but I loved each of them off and on over the years..... I actually started to lose interest in them around Yellow Submarine time.  (I went on to other bands... lol... so fickle back then)....  Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I remember when the Beatles arrived and changed the musical world forever!  The British invasion was upon us.  When the Stones came into the scene  I remember seeing them on the Clay Cole show and being amazed!  I went to many concerts, seven dollars and fifty cents for tickets close to the stage!!!!

I appreciate the English groups because they recognized so many great blues singers here  and were big fans.  In fact the Beatles and Stones in the beginning were influenced by the Blues greats.  

The Beatles are legends of course, their music will live on and on and they will not be duplicated, unique and great artists in the musical field, Stones too!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

I've told you this, but....I saw them in St. Louis in August of 1964 at Busch Stadium.  I was just 13, and my sis had gotten the tickets.  I cannot remember how.  But, it was lightly raining and very warm.

Sound systems were terrible back then...no big TVs, so...they were in the center of the stadium and tiny.  You could not hear them for the screaming.

When they left the stadium, they passed close to where we were seated....and I saw their faces clearly.  I was speechless, but all around me were hysterical.

I wish I had saved the ticket stubs, but they are long gone.  

Watched them on Ed S., too and was already in love Cat LOL

Still have my vinyl albums.  Might have to dig them out and read the liner notes.

Such sweet, childhood memories.

Thanks for the reminder!

Honored Contributor

I remember watching them on Ed Sullivan I was about 9 years old, it came to light many years later that my older teen cousin and uncle were at the show, he had all sorts of show business connections

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I did not see the actual show....we only had one tv, and Disney was probably on.  But I remember the "Big Girls" (7th and 8th graders!) talking about it the next day at recess.  Even at my young age, I realized something very important had happened!

Honored Contributor

Image result for beatles february 7 1964 plane

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I remember it quite well and also the performance on The Ed Sullivan Show.....I was in awe...they were so adorable!  I was 21 years old that day they arrived in the USA!

Respected Contributor

They and their music are timeless. I was 8 in 1964 amd do not remember them at that time. I was still watching Captain Kangaroo and Romper Room🥴

Around the age of 12, they entered my world as my friend, who was a year older than me had a small transistor radio. She played it while we walked around the neighborhood and the Beatles were always singing and I fell in love.  I too have several vinyl albums that I have dearly cherished. Yes, I went on to find more love with Led Zepplin, Aerosmith, Jimi Hendricks, Eric Clapton, Cream and saw all of them in concert. By the time I was old enough to go in 1974, I think the Beatles were working on separating so I never saw them but I do love them still.

I want to go back💜

Esteemed Contributor

I sure do remember this day! I was a sophomore in high school at the time so they were a very big deal. I had received a 45-record with four of their songs from my pen pal in England for the previous Christmas. I was so excited about their appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show! I don't think my parents were impressed, but they were good sports about it!

Valued Contributor

I remember my mother picked me up at school that day and said, "They're here!"   They had arrived at 1:25 PM on Pam Am flight 101.  Maybe I'm wrong about that, but it seems seared in my brain.