Honored Contributor

Re: The Balcony Will Never Be the Same

@QVC101 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  That was an eternity ago.   They have been married for 17 years!!!   Their spouses at the time were not saints either.   

@QVC101 

Oh, so that excuses their infidelity?   Neither of their spouses were the future king, but, hey, so what, who cares?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Me, either.   It will be interesting to see the changes, although I doubt I will ever look kindly upon Camilla.  The king and queen consort ... two adulterers who are now revered ....  so much for the moral high ground in England these days.  

@Tinkrbl44 There was plenty of adultery among royalty for generations.  Kings were known to have many mistresses.  This is nothing special or unique to the current king.

Honored Contributor

The people have lost their Queen and they feel great sadness and loss.  For so many of them, she's the only one they have ever known.  I don't blame them for feeling loss and sadness.  She did convey tradition and carried herself so well and respectfully and with dignity.  Not to say she was perfect, nobody is.  I also think people identified with her because even though her life and position were something that the majority of people could not identify with, she still had many losses and family issues, which regular people could identify with.  I don't care for Charles or Camilla but whatever. He was next in line and that's how it goes!  I enjoyed seeing the Queen when she made her public appearances as she always looked very vibrant and colorful, so yes the Balcony will not look the same! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@QVC101 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  That was an eternity ago.   They have been married for 17 years!!!   Their spouses at the time were not saints either.   

@QVC101 

Oh, so that excuses their infidelity?   Neither of their spouses were the future king, but, hey, so what, who cares?  

Exactly!  No one cares.  A marriage that was a business arrangement more than a marriage exploded because the match should never have been made.  So during the man returned to the love of his life and had a SINGLE affair.  The unhappy wife went on to have several affairs during the disaster of a marriage.  People pretend they don't remember that part of the story.  Regardless, it was a lifetime ago.  

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@QVC101 wrote:

@QVC101 

@Tinkrbl44 Nothing excuses infidelity, but you make it sound like Charles and Camilla are the first royals to ever have commited adultery and then sit on the throne! Trust me, they are just two of many. Diana also committed adultery, more than once I think. Even if it was "revenge", that still doesn't excuse it.

To err is human, and we ALL err in one way or another!

Super Contributor

Princess Diana......way overrated, in looks and conduct. JMHO

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yet Diana was beloved around the world.  I think that's why some still harbor bad feelings towards Camilla and Charles.

Honored Contributor

Diana cheated, Charles cheated, Camilla cheated, Andrew Parker Bowles cheated.  It is done and Camilla as served the Queen for 17 years like a true Royal and not a wannabe.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Prince Philip was no angel in his younger days, you know.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beckyb1012 "Diana cheated, Charles cheated, Camilla cheated, Andrew Parker Bowles cheated.  It is done and Camilla as served the Queen for 17 years like a true Royal and not a wannabe."

I think that the Queen also might have cheated.  There is a rumor but you didn't hear it from me that Prince Phillip is not Prince Andrew's father.  Smiley Surprised

See the source image