Super Contributor

Re: The Bachelorette - tonight, Monday, June 2 - and Eric Hill

If he had not died... would people be making such a big deal out of the blow up between them? NO. He died, an accident, not one's fault. It just happened. Period.

Honored Contributor

Well he did die and that is a tragic event. Seemed like a great guy...not sure were he and she went so wrong. As I said for his family I think they should have edited their blow up out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

I have always watched the Bachelor/ette sporadically. To me, it's just so staged. But I watched a big part of last night's show. I came away with not like Andy AT ALL. I won't watch again.

Super Contributor

On 6/3/2014 croemer said:

Well he did die and that is a tragic event. Seemed like a great guy...not sure were he and she went so wrong. As I said for his family I think they should have edited their blow up out.

What does his accidental death have to do with the show or the blowup? I are you implying that he killed himself on purpose because of the show and how they ended? That would be the only reason to make a big deal about his exit on the show. People die every day. He like to take risks and so his life was always walking the line between safe and not safe. That was HIS THING. His death is sad, yes, but of no ones fault and it had NOTHING to do with the show.

Honored Contributor

On 6/3/2014 gazelle77 said:

If he had not died... would people be making such a big deal out of the blow up between them? NO. He died, an accident, not one's fault. It just happened. Period.

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Um...NO! You said so he died...would this be a topic or important if he hadn't? He did die and I think it must have been painful for his family to see that blow up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I read a while back that producers were going to consult with his family about the show. I imagine they knew exactly what would be shown. I also think that's why we didn't see "the fireplace scene" in their one-on-one date - but maybe I'm wrong there.

Bachelorette fans would still be making a big deal about any drama at the mansion. That's what we do - analyze things! And that was drama. Had he lived, he would have been on the Men Tell All show and everyone would have watched his interaction with Andi about "the blow up" while they smiled at each other. That's the way it happens. This seems like it's out in the forefront because of his tragic death.

Honored Contributor

Um...NO! You said so he died...would this be a topic or important if he hadn't? He did die and I think it must have been painful for his family to see that blow up.

ITA!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

He was the one who made all the hurtful comments to her. He was the one telling her she was phoney. No one forced the family to view the show I am sure. It was a contractual commitment- and they( the bachelors) all signed up for the show. I guess in the future contestants on the show should make sure that the contract has ifs, ands or buts signed and dotted if the contestant dies AFTER not getting a rose.

Esteemed Contributor

When someone passes, we always remember the last time we spoke to them. A young person dying is always a tragedy. I would feel terrible if I had an argument the last time I saw a person before they died, I feel most of us would. If Chris and Andi are going to do an epilogue that day, I would expect a little more compassion from Andi, Eric's family is deeply grieving, she seemed as unnatural as always and her tears seem forced. As a tribute to Eric, Chris should have had one of the guys on to discuss Eric's personality, not Andi. This time its not about her.