Respected Contributor

Re: The Bachelorette - tonight, Monday, June 2 - and Eric Hill

On 6/2/2014 beach-mom said:

I think he's going to be spotlighted tonight, and we will have differing opinions of him. HERE is an article his sister wrote that tells a lot about who he was as a person.

I do not watch this show but, that is a beautiful tribute written by his sister.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Just finished Sunday's episode. Did Andrew keep the phone number he got from the hostess?

Frequent Contributor

Andrew kinda fell by the wayside and I was wondering when she gave him a rose on Sunday evening if we would see the fallout from the waitress exchange. As a matter of fact, when I saw the previews on Sunday night for Monday night, with her having her upset, I never imagined it would be with Eric. I was kinda thinking it must be a continuation of the the Andrew/ waitress situation. Lottina, I also, looked at Andi from that angle as well. That perhaps she was attracted to him, yet, did not see him as the settling down kind. Still, IMO, he did not deserve the reaction she spewed forth as a result of his sharing his reality with her. He did not even stand a chance after that as it seemed to me that she just ran right over him. I felt he really got the raw end of the deal as a result of just being himself. And, then, she continued to whack herself out amidst the other men. Talk about creating drama. Deflect, deflect, deflect...
Respected Contributor

On 6/3/2014 croemer said:
On 6/2/2014 luvmyteddy said:

Chris reported that Tasos went home tonight.

I remember when it was reported that one of them died. I didn't realize it was Eric until the show ended tonight. It was a nice tribute to him but I wish they hadn't shown the scene between them. It wasn't a good way to end his last time with her.

We aren't there so they see a different side to her that we don't see. I do think she has a temper.

I agree...should have ended on a good note. I would think that had to be painful for his family to watch...the way it ended. What a handsome man.

I agree 100% with you. She was cold as a fish in the talk with Chris and the way she over reacted to Eric when he was being honest and sincere with her.

It must have broke his families heart when he was headed for that cab saying that is was all about love and family and he hoped that this experience would help him find that love that he wanted (paraphrasing).

Respected Contributor

On 6/3/2014 gazelle77 said:

If he had not died... would people be making such a big deal out of the blow up between them? NO. He died, an accident, not one's fault. It just happened. Period.

{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Respected Contributor

On 6/3/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 6/3/2014 croemer said:

Um...NO! You said so he died...would this be a topic or important if he hadn't? He did die and I think it must have been painful for his family to see that blow up.

He was the one who made all the hurtful comments to her. He was the one telling her she was phoney. No one forced the family to view the show I am sure. It was a contractual commitment- and they( the bachelors) all signed up for the show. I guess in the future contestants on the show should make sure that the contract has ifs, ands or buts signed and dotted if the contestant dies AFTER not getting a rose.

{#emotions_dlg.sad}{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor

After this episode:

From Eric's brother Scott:

"It's kind of a fine balance, I think, for anybody to deal with a situation like this," Scott said. "I thought they did a fine job. I'd love to have an opportunity to sit down with Andi in person and kind of get her perspective off camera."

AND. . .

"According to Chris Harrison, critics of last night's episode might want to hold off judgment, as the show's timeline hasn't caught up with Eric's tragedy yet."

Interesting!