Honored Contributor

Re: The Bachelorette - tonight, Monday, June 2 - and Eric Hill

On 6/3/2014 colliegirls said:

When someone passes, we always remember the last time we spoke to them. A young person dying is always a tragedy. I would feel terrible if I had an argument the last time I saw a person before they died, I feel most of us would. If Chris and Andi are going to do an epilogue that day, I would expect a little more compassion from Andi, Eric's family is deeply grieving, she seemed as unnatural as always and her tears seem forced. As a tribute to Eric, Chris should have had one of the guys on to discuss Eric's personality, not Andi. This time its not about her.

Exactly, it is a shame gazelle can not comprehend that. TY colliegirl's, The show should have showed more compassion and not made his last scene about he and Andie's blow up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

To me, Eric seemed out of place there.........in the background, very quiet, etc. Because of all of the 'celebrity' after this show ends, he wasn't her 'type' and vice versa. IMO Feel very sad about his accident/death. I've read that the canvas part of the para glider collapsed, and he drifted into a mountain. Was unconscious/whatever for three days. So sad. RIP

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Frequent Contributor

I commented about the exchange between Eric and Andi on the other thread here. I saw the posts on this thread and decided to post again. I felt Eric was correct in his reality concerning Andi. I do not think she was giving the poker face to the other men, yet, I definitely felt she did with Eric. I felt Eric was trying to engage with her after their first date, and it seemed Andi was paying attention to everyone but him. Go figure! His insides matched his out. I agree she over reacted to his thoughts and began acting like a victim. She was defensive and unable to have a real dialogue with him. I thought he showed a great deal of character as he never waivered in his truth for the sake of people pleasing or seeking approval. I did not find him rude at all. I saw him being real and I could see he was really into her, yet, not at the expense of himself. I like parts of Andi, yet, I found myself watching for Eric and her in the episodes and feeling angry with Andi, as it seemed as though she often outwardly ignored him whenever he was in a scene. There is some kind of defiance in her that came up with Eric, that she does not exhibit with the others. Maybe his awareness, strength and passion of who he was threatened her. He may have wanted her, but he definitely did not need her. I think the others fall all over her which puts her in a position of power. Eric had his own. I am terribly sad at his passing. Like has already been said, such a tragic turn of events. He left an indelible impression on everyone.
Honored Contributor

On 6/3/2014 ROMARY said:

To me, Eric seemed out of place there.........in the background, very quiet, etc. Because of all of the 'celebrity' after this show ends, he wasn't her 'type' and vice versa. IMO Feel very sad about his accident/death. I've read that the canvas part of the para glider collapsed, and he drifted into a mountain. Was unconscious/whatever for three days. So sad. RIP

Very sad...maybe he was feeling constrained on the show?

Honored Contributor

On 6/3/2014 radiancegrace said: I commented about the exchange between Eric and Andi on the other thread here. I saw the posts on this thread and decided to post again. I felt Eric was correct in his reality concerning Andi. I do not think she was giving the poker face to the other men, yet, I definitely felt she did with Eric. I felt Eric was trying to engage with her after their first date, and it seemed Andi was paying attention to everyone but him. Go figure! His insides matched his out. I agree she over reacted to his thoughts and began acting like a victim. She was defensive and unable to have a real dialogue with him. I thought he showed a great deal of character as he never waivered in his truth for the sake of people pleasing or seeking approval. I did not find him rude at all. I saw him being real and I could see he was really into her, yet, not at the expense of himself. I like parts of Andi, yet, I found myself watching for Eric and her in the episodes and feeling angry with Andi, as it seemed as though she often outwardly ignored him whenever he was in a scene. There is some kind of defiance in her that came up with Eric, that she does not exhibit with the others. Maybe his awareness, strength and passion of who he was threatened her. He may have wanted her, but he definitely did not need her. I think the others fall all over her which puts her in a position of power. Eric had his own. I am terribly sad at his passing. Like has already been said, such a tragic turn of events. He left an indelible impression on everyone.

Very observant and well said.

Honored Contributor

Yes, well stated, for sure.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

When someone passes, we always remember the last time we spoke to them. A young person dying is always a tragedy. I would feel terrible if I had an argument the last time I saw a person before they died, I feel most of us would. If Chris and Andi are going to do an epilogue that day, I would expect a little more compassion from Andi, Eric's family is deeply grieving, she seemed as unnatural as always and her tears seem forced. As a tribute to Eric, Chris should have had one of the guys on to discuss Eric's personality, not Andi. This time its not about her.

You said this so well. As I posted earlier, I was surprised they included this. We all know this was terribly hard for his family to watch, but it gave them - and us - another chance to see Eric. From what I've seen on the show so far, he seemed to have developed friendships with the other guys. This would have been a better way to end the show, as you suggested.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Very well said. The end of the show seemed to me like it was all about her.

Honored Contributor

On 6/3/2014 croemer said:
On 6/3/2014 radiancegrace said: I commented about the exchange between Eric and Andi on the other thread here. I saw the posts on this thread and decided to post again. I felt Eric was correct in his reality concerning Andi. I do not think she was giving the poker face to the other men, yet, I definitely felt she did with Eric. I felt Eric was trying to engage with her after their first date, and it seemed Andi was paying attention to everyone but him. Go figure! His insides matched his out. I agree she over reacted to his thoughts and began acting like a victim. She was defensive and unable to have a real dialogue with him. I thought he showed a great deal of character as he never waivered in his truth for the sake of people pleasing or seeking approval. I did not find him rude at all. I saw him being real and I could see he was really into her, yet, not at the expense of himself. I like parts of Andi, yet, I found myself watching for Eric and her in the episodes and feeling angry with Andi, as it seemed as though she often outwardly ignored him whenever he was in a scene. There is some kind of defiance in her that came up with Eric, that she does not exhibit with the others. Maybe his awareness, strength and passion of who he was threatened her. He may have wanted her, but he definitely did not need her. I think the others fall all over her which puts her in a position of power. Eric had his own. I am terribly sad at his passing. Like has already been said, such a tragic turn of events. He left an indelible impression on everyone.

Very observant and well said.

ITA

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Frequent Contributor

I rather believe that Andi was attracted to ERIC BUT, as I believe I might have felt -- she was afraid for a future with him because of his totally adventuresome spirit. How much would he be home and could he ever settle down?