Honored Contributor

The Bachelorette - tonight, Monday, June 2 - and Eric Hill

I think he's going to be spotlighted tonight, and we will have differing opinions of him. HERE is an article his sister wrote that tells a lot about who he was as a person.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Bachelorette - tonight, Monday, June 2 - and Eric Hill

A beautiful tribute to her brother.

Honored Contributor

Edit: Andi overreacted on Eric's comments.
Honored Contributor

What did you all think? I was happy to see the clip with Chris Harrison after the main show, but I was surprised they showed the whole blow up with Eric. Andi looked mad, and because that was the last conversation she had with him, I imagine it was very hard for her to watch tonight. As she said, usually in the "Men Tell All," they get together and settle anything that is left unsettled or unsaid. She won't have a chance to do that. I'm still wondering if they let the guys go to his memorial service. There were four left at the time he died (right after filming the hometown dates). I hope the cast and crew were able to go if they wanted. I'm sure Eric got close to some of the guys.

I do like Andi better than I thought I would, although DD and I are getting really good at figuring out who she's really "into"! I know what happens; DD doesn't!

I think all of her guys are keepers. I was sad to find out who else was not given a rose tonight, even though they didn't show the rose ceremony.

If I were young and in my 20's - Marcus! Wait a minute, DD is - too bad she lives so far away! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

Chris reported that Tasos went home tonight.

I remember when it was reported that one of them died. I didn't realize it was Eric until the show ended tonight. It was a nice tribute to him but I wish they hadn't shown the scene between them. It wasn't a good way to end his last time with her.

We aren't there so they see a different side to her that we don't see. I do think she has a temper.

Trusted Contributor

On 6/2/2014 luvmyteddy said:

I remember when it was reported that one of them died. I didn't realize it was Eric until the show ended tonight. It was a nice tribute to him but I wish they hadn't shown the scene between them. It wasn't a good way to end his last time with her.

We aren't there so they see a different side to her that we don't see. I do think she has a temper.

ITA, not a good way to leave things with Eric. IMO he had a point and Andi overreacted. He had a great first date with her and they kissed, then subsequently she was spreading herself among all the guys and Eric felt snubbed. He felt they had serious conversations and really had a connection, but then her reaction to him changed over time. IMO he had to realize it's a function of the way the whole thing is set-up and that as she got to know others her feelings toward him were changing.

I also agree she has a temper. We saw it last season and we're seeing it this season. She got way too bent out of shape over the "poker face" comment. LIke I said, I think Eric had a point -- but to some degree that's how she has to act because she doesn't want to lead anyone on and things change week to week. It's got to be difficult to be fostering so many new relationships at once and knowing the whole time it's for pretty big stakes.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel Eric was right about Andi. Her display about how she works so hard?? That was ridiculous. It was hard to watch the part with Chris H, I was hoping Andi would be softer when discussing Eric, but she still was so stiff and seemed so fake when forcing out the tears. I like her less after seeing tonights show.

Honored Contributor

On 6/3/2014 Deb1010again said:

ITA, not a good way to leave things with Eric. IMO he had a point and Andi overreacted. He had a great first date with her and they kissed, then subsequently she was spreading herself among all the guys and Eric felt snubbed. He felt they had serious conversations and really had a connection, but then her reaction to him changed over time. IMO he had to realize it's a function of the way the whole thing is set-up and that as she got to know others her feelings toward him were changing.

I also agree she has a temper. We saw it last season and we're seeing it this season. She got way too bent out of shape over the "poker face" comment. LIke I said, I think Eric had a point -- but to some degree that's how she has to act because she doesn't want to lead anyone on and things change week to week. It's got to be difficult to be fostering so many new relationships at once and knowing the whole time it's for pretty big stakes.

I agree with everything you said, but I don't think we ever saw them kiss. I wondered during that show if that was because of sensitivity for his family. They were planning to go sit by the fireplace, then they cut to the guys at the house. Did I miss something?

Her face says it all. You could tell by the expression when she was talking to Eric that she did not want to be there talking to him (she would rather have been kissing her favorites IMO!). Other contestants in the past have said things like Eric said and have been reassured by the lead (if he/she wanted to keep them around). Andi wasn't having any part of it. I wonder if she feels a little guilty for how she left things.

Honored Contributor

I agree...should have ended on a good note. I would think that had to be painful for his family to watch...the way it ended. What a handsome man.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

On 6/3/2014 colliegirls said:

I feel Eric was right about Andi. Her display about how she works so hard?? That was ridiculous. It was hard to watch the part with Chris H, I was hoping Andi would be softer when discussing Eric, but she still was so stiff and seemed so fake when forcing out the tears. I like her less after seeing tonights show.

I thought the same thing about her "I'm exhausted" (repeated twice, for effect) comment. Give me a break. Maybe she should get back to the courtroom. I bet the other assistant DAs think she's a gem to work with.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

What worries you masters you.