Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Makes me giggle when I see this thread title 'The Bachelor'.

There's a popular blog/website called "Reality Steve" which Steve Carbone talks all about The Bachelor each week.

He used to work for my favorite DFW sports station, "The Ticket".   

He has a special hour-long show on The Ticket during each finale.

Of course all the sportsy-sports guys shake their head over Steve, but they respect him with his own show.  Funny guy.  Check out the website. 

Isn't Reality Steve the one who reveals who the bachelor chooses?  Maybe people who don't want to know the ending should avoid this website for now?

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I've posted on other threads about how scripted this show is, and Olivia is doing her job well! She is getting the publicity she wants. We see it more and more every week. She is a weekend news anchor for a small station in Virginia. This is a good way to get exposure. She wants to be like Erin Andrews and get into sports. Other Bachelor/ette contestants have done this too. She also "broke up" with her serious boyfriend right before she left for filming. I'm betting she has made some kind of arrangement with the producers about how she is being portrayed on the show.

I know who wins, and IMHO you could really see the chemistry tonight. He LOOKED at her differently than any of the others. It's going to be so much fun following their love story!

I learned a long time ago when the Bachelor tells the producers he's fallen for one of the girls, they decide how things will play out. They ask him if it wasn't this girl, who would he pick, and he gives them other choices. Those girls become the finalists. The girls have no idea exactly what is happening during filming and how he is feeling. He does let them know in subtle ways, but he is not allowed to say "I love you." One Bachelor did once. This girl knew during the hometown dates how he felt. They ask other girls to stay for the purpose of the show. 

The Taylor Swift look-alike twins are fun and seem sweet. We'll see them on "Bachelor in Paradise". Can you imagine the fun the producers will have switching them around on dates? Smiley Wink

I like Ben. He may be my favorite Bachelor of all time - we'll see!

Agree about Olivia.  Plus I'm sure the producers are leading her along for what to say..."do you think he's sending you any messages?"  "Is there any way he's touching you that makes you feel special?" for all those little interview clips...I can't remember what you call them.  And I think it was pretty evident from his time with her last night when she kept interrupting that he is completely over her.  I'd be surprised if it was his decision to keep her.

I totally agree about the chemistry.  The hugging, body language, was vastly different from the other girls IMO.   Which was the bachelor who let the girl know how he felt?  

Esteemed Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

There's a popular blog/website called "Reality Steve" which Steve Carbone talks all about The Bachelor each week.

Of course all the sportsy-sports guys shake their head over Steve, but they respect him with his own show.  Funny guy.  Check out the website. 

Isn't Reality Steve the one who reveals who the bachelor chooses?  Maybe people who don't want to know the ending should avoid this website for now?

Yes, he is.  As I recall how his site is set up, though, you can click on spoilers or just recaps or his other things.  So you can avoid the spoilers if you want to.

Esteemed Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Well, I've been to his site before, and this reminded me to do it again. For the love of Pete, I wish I hadn't!!!

Steve isn't doing a recap this week because he had to put his beloved dog, Maddie, down. That is what he wrote about instead. I cried more than once. You won't go there to find out about the Bachelor today, but if you go, your heart will be broken open.

@sidsmom  @fortune

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Interesting info about Steve! That explains why he's good friends with a lot of the former contestants who have a sports connection! There's also a major Texas connection to the show, or there used to be! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I have been going to RealitySteve.com for many years.  I always want to know who "is chosen", LOL.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

@fortune wrote:

I am really getting tired of all the air time devoted to Olivia.  I wish they'd do more coverage of his dates and interaction with the other contestants.  The Olivia "thing" is really boringgggggggggggg!

I got to watch part of last night's show on "On Demand". I think I will now call it "The Olivia Show". Get her off please!

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Agree about Olivia.  Plus I'm sure the producers are leading her along for what to say..."do you think he's sending you any messages?"  "Is there any way he's touching you that makes you feel special?" for all those little interview clips...I can't remember what you call them.  And I think it was pretty evident from his time with her last night when she kept interrupting that he is completely over her.  I'd be surprised if it was his decision to keep her.

I totally agree about the chemistry.  The hugging, body language, was vastly different from the other girls IMO.   Which was the bachelor who let the girl know how he felt?  

Andy Baldwin - told Tessa Horst in the "Fantasy Suite"! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

Well, I've been to his site before, and this reminded me to do it again. For the love of Pete, I wish I hadn't!!!

Steve isn't doing a recap this week because he had to put his beloved dog, Maddie, down. That is what he wrote about instead. I cried more than once. You won't go there to find out about the Bachelor today, but if you go, your heart will be broken open.

@sidsmom  @fortune

When I was typing my reply to you earlier, I was interrupted by a phone call and didn't see this. Once I found out about Steve, I did follow him a lot, and I did "know" Maddie. I'm sure his heart is broken, and I'm so sad for him. 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Interesting info about Steve! That explains why he's good friends with a lot of the former contestants who have a sports connection! There's also a major Texas connection to the show, or there used to be! Smiley Wink

@beach-mom

Chris Harrison, the host, grew up here in Dallas.

Whenever Cowboys Training Camp starts up, The Ticket guys go out for a week to broadcast live.  Chris Harrison LOVES The Ticket & he always stops by for a segment or 2.   The Ticket has quite a cult following Smiley Happy