Trusted Contributor

Flight attendant Lauren - Caila - JoJo.  

I don't see him with the others even though there are some nice girls there.

Honored Contributor

I've posted on other threads about how scripted this show is, and Olivia is doing her job well! She is getting the publicity she wants. We see it more and more every week. She is a weekend news anchor for a small station in Virginia. This is a good way to get exposure. She wants to be like Erin Andrews and get into sports. Other Bachelor/ette contestants have done this too. She also "broke up" with her serious boyfriend right before she left for filming. I'm betting she has made some kind of arrangement with the producers about how she is being portrayed on the show.

I know who wins, and IMHO you could really see the chemistry tonight. He LOOKED at her differently than any of the others. It's going to be so much fun following their love story!

I learned a long time ago when the Bachelor tells the producers he's fallen for one of the girls, they decide how things will play out. They ask him if it wasn't this girl, who would he pick, and he gives them other choices. Those girls become the finalists. The girls have no idea exactly what is happening during filming and how he is feeling. He does let them know in subtle ways, but he is not allowed to say "I love you." One Bachelor did once. This girl knew during the hometown dates how he felt. They ask other girls to stay for the purpose of the show. 

The Taylor Swift look-alike twins are fun and seem sweet. We'll see them on "Bachelor in Paradise". Can you imagine the fun the producers will have switching them around on dates? Smiley Wink

I like Ben. He may be my favorite Bachelor of all time - we'll see!

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom, I hope you're right about who wins! I saw that special something between them, too. Ben might be my fav bachelor of all, such a cute sweetheart!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I am really getting tired of all the air time devoted to Olivia.  I wish they'd do more coverage of his dates and interaction with the other contestants.  The Olivia "thing" is really boringgggggggggggg!

Esteemed Contributor

@fortune wrote:

I am really getting tired of all the air time devoted to Olivia.  I wish they'd do more coverage of his dates and interaction with the other contestants.  The Olivia "thing" is really boringgggggggggggg!

But viewers "love to hate" her, so it's good for the ratings. I've asked this in a different forum, but does Olivia remind anyone of Cameron Diaz? Everytime I see her, I think of Cam.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Regular Contributor

I totally agree about the "Olivia" thing being boring.   They show her more than they show Ben!  I watch the show to see how they all interact with one another and with Ben.  I like him and know he's a nice guy with manners but after Olivia horns in on everyone's time with him, why doesn't he get a backbone and tell her to STOP ....enough is enough!  It's a pattern with her.  Is it scripted and he has to go along with it or what?  Frustrating!  I think he really has chemistry with Lauren,  the flight attendent.

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@fortune wrote:

But viewers "love to hate" her, so it's good for the ratings. I've asked this in a different forum, but does Olivia remind anyone of Cameron Diaz? Everytime I see her, I think of Cam.

Yes!  I was wondering who she looked like!  You're right!!

Honored Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

Flight attendant Lauren - Caila - JoJo.  

I don't see him with the others even though there are some nice girls there.

Those are teh ones I like

I like Lauren, Caila, JoJo and Becca

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@lilac lover wrote:

I totally agree about the "Olivia" thing being boring.   They show her more than they show Ben!  I watch the show to see how they all interact with one another and with Ben.  I like him and know he's a nice guy with manners but after Olivia horns in on everyone's time with him, why doesn't he get a backbone and tell her to STOP ....enough is enough!  It's a pattern with her.  Is it scripted and he has to go along with it or what?  Frustrating!  I think he really has chemistry with Lauren,  the flight attendent.

Yes. She is playing a role to go on to bigger and better things. See my post above. Those who know her, including the staff at her station, say she is a really nice person IRL. The producers will keep her as long as they want for the story line. Ben knows this. I doubt if there is any connection between the two of them at all. They are acting. They probably are friends. And after the show is over, they will act like the whole thing was real - at least until the terms of their contracts run out. But "Bachelor nation" is a tight group. ABC treats them well if they "toe the line"! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Makes me giggle when I see this thread title 'The Bachelor'.

There's a popular blog/website called "Reality Steve" which Steve Carbone talks all about The Bachelor each week.

He used to work for my favorite DFW sports station, "The Ticket".   

He has a special hour-long show on The Ticket during each finale.

Of course all the sportsy-sports guys shake their head over Steve, but they respect him with his own show.  Funny guy.  Check out the website.