Valued Contributor

Re: The Artist Known As Prince Has Died

Check out the Google doodle in response to this sad event - very sweet.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Valued Contributor

Well, I may have to reconsider my position on TMZ - schlocky or not, apparently they have quite a track record of getting inside info before others do, largely due to their willingness to spread the money around lavishly.

I suppose just about any kind of information can be had, when you're willing to pay enough.  A depressing thought, to me anyway.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Respected Contributor

There's some new info on TMZ. Distressing...

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

There's some new info on TMZ. Distressing...

I hope there is no foul play suspected...

Valued Contributor

My three words to describe him:  eccentric, talented.....sexy

Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Plaid Pants2, I have come to believe it is the contract we make in spirit before we are born. When our contract is up, there is no argument, it is simply up. There is something in the book of Jeremiah about God numbering our days before we were formed in our mother's womb. Seeing so many people in my life leave before they were finished, at least in my eyes, gives credence to this thought.

@MaggieMack, that's very interesting.

I'm going to pass this on to friends of ours..  They lost their son suddenly at age 22.  It's been very difficult for them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

TMZ says the emergency landing was due to a drug overdose, he was given a "save shot" in the hospital which wanted to keep him for 24 hours, but he insisted on leaving after 3 hours because he couldn't get a private room.  And he was "not doing well" when he left.  See here:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince-treated-drug-overdose-dead/

Harvey Levin (from TMZ) on CNN said the flu story was from Prince's people but it never made sense.  If it was only the flu why make an emergency landing when he was just 48 minutes from home?  He was fine at the concert then a short time later needed the emergency airplane landing, then was fine enough after he got home to do the party Saturday night and was dead a few days later.  Levin kept saying the flu story wasn't real credible.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

He was hospitalized in Illinois on Friday (I heard dehydration?) but was able to host a party at Paisley Park Saturday evening.  He didn't sing, but visited with those in attendance and asked for prayers?

He had a doctor appointment here in Minneapolis Tuesday or Wednesday and was brought back home to Paisley Park afterwards.  Then he had an appointment scheduled with a holistic doctor this morning when he was found dead.

RIP dear Prince. 

Wonder what kind of doctor?  Heart congestion should be hard to miss imo.

There's absolutely no reason to jump to any conclusions about it being his heart.  That's pure conjecture.  This is shocking news, but less so given his recent medical emergency that was in the news.  We don't know why he passed away as of now so IMO it's useless to speculate.

@Pearlee wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

He was hospitalized in Illinois on Friday (I heard dehydration?) but was able to host a party at Paisley Park Saturday evening.  He didn't sing, but visited with those in attendance and asked for prayers?

He had a doctor appointment here in Minneapolis Tuesday or Wednesday and was brought back home to Paisley Park afterwards.  Then he had an appointment scheduled with a holistic doctor this morning when he was found dead.

RIP dear Prince. 

Wonder what kind of doctor?  Heart congestion should be hard to miss imo.

There's absolutely no reason to jump to any conclusions about it being his heart.  That's pure conjecture.  This is shocking news, but less so given his recent medical emergency that was in the news.  We don't know why he passed away as of now so IMO it's useless to speculate.

Don't worry about my speculation and I will continue to post as I please.  Thank you in advance, geez......

@SydneyH I'm not the least bit "worried."  Geez.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find that hard to believe.

I'm NOT saying that it isn't true, just that I'm having a hard time believing it.

eta: I'm referencing the TMZ story.

Super Contributor

@sharlee wrote:

Check out the Google doodle in response to this sad event - very sweet.

I just checked that out.  So poignant.

I never really thought of myself as a Prince fan.  But as I watch the tributes tonight, I realize just how much I liked some of his songs.  When Doves Cry, of course, but also Little Red Corvette, Nothing Compares to You, and so many more.  He really was incredibly talented.  And given that he was just two years older than me, it really hits home.  Our generation is starting to die off.  Hard to believe.