Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Artist Known As Prince Has Died

I am in shock. I can't believe that he is really gone.

I first heard that there was a death at his estate, and in the back of my head I was afraid of the worst, but was hoping that it was the friend of a friend who died at his place, and that Prince was somewhere else.

I went to take a shower, and when I came out of the bathroom, I heard CNN playing "Purple Rain", and I knew that they wouldn't do that unless he was gone.

In my head I was saying, "No. No. No." I then saw the banner on the bottom of the screen saying that Prince had died. I then exclaimed, "No!!! No!!! No!!!" outloud.

I then sat on the couch, still nude from the shower, and started to cry.

I was a teenager when "Purple Rain", and "When Doves Cry", "Little Red Corvette" came out. I was in high school when all those songs came out.

57 is young!

I hate that people from my youth are dying.

Prince always seemed timeless and ageless to me. The man never seemed to age!

I still can't believe that he is gone.

He was taken too soon.

You will forever be missed, Prince.

May you rest in Peace.

Honored Contributor

I am beyond sad, another icon gone too soon. So talented, and smart...

Honored Contributor

beckyb1012 wrote:

I never quite understood why he went to being known as "the symbol" and "the artist formerly known as Prince" but it just did not matter his music was wonderful.  That voice was incredible.  I had no ideal he lived in Minn.

Rest in peace, Prince.   Drive that Red Corvette in heaven.

I  remember knowing, from many years ago, that he was actually FROM Minnesota.   I think he's kind of always remained there, as it was his home.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

It is on all the news channels in Minneapolis. He was a big star here

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

He was hospitalized in Illinois on Friday (I heard dehydration?) but was able to host a party at Paisley Park Saturday evening.  He didn't sing, but visited with those in attendance and asked for prayers?

He had a doctor appointment here in Minneapolis Tuesday or Wednesday and was brought back home to Paisley Park afterwards.  Then he had an appointment scheduled with a holistic doctor this morning when he was found dead.

RIP dear Prince. 

Wonder what kind of doctor?  Heart congestion should be hard to miss imo.

There's absolutely no reason to jump to any conclusions about it being his heart.  That's pure conjecture.  This is shocking news, but less so given his recent medical emergency that was in the news.  We don't know why he passed away as of now so IMO it's useless to speculate.

Honored Contributor

I am numb. 

I adored Prince.  His talent was phenomenal (that word pales in meaning here -- it was so much more).  I was 10 feet away from him for 2 short hours, standing on my feet, swooning, yelling, waving my hands, singing along when I went to his Las Vegas club in 2007, "3121" at the Rio Hotel.  It was a very small, intimate club.  He was absolutely charming and brilliant. 

I should have left the office by now.

Honored Contributor

This is very sad. I read a blind which I believe is about this on the blind gossip site. I find this site to be pretty accurate. I think they posted it on the 18th or so of April for anyone that wants to look.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

He was hospitalized in Illinois on Friday (I heard dehydration?) but was able to host a party at Paisley Park Saturday evening.  He didn't sing, but visited with those in attendance and asked for prayers?

He had a doctor appointment here in Minneapolis Tuesday or Wednesday and was brought back home to Paisley Park afterwards.  Then he had an appointment scheduled with a holistic doctor this morning when he was found dead.

RIP dear Prince. 

There's absolutely no reason to jump to any conclusions about it being his heart.  That's pure conjecture.  This is shocking news, but less so given his recent medical emergency that was in the news.  We don't know why he passed away as of now so IMO it's useless to speculate.

@Pearlee wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

RIP dear Prince. 

Don't worry about my speculation and I will continue to post as I please.  Thank you in advance, geez......

Respected Contributor

He was one of my favs. As with Bowie's death I feel a bit disoriented. Not to be selfish but their passing is a harsh reminder  of my own mortality. May he RIP.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

I am numb and in shock. Such a talented artist. Smiley Sad

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.