Honored Contributor

Re: The Absolute Best Quote I Have Ever Seen Hands Down Bar None!

On 1/28/2015 Pook said:

I completely agree with that. I am happy with myself and my life and my home. That said I am a homebody and nothing is as relaxing as being home. The stress of packing and traveling and staying at hotels, then having to come home, unpack, do laundry and have to go to work super stressed was never appealing to me. Would sooner just relax at home and really be relaxed.

.....we call that a vacation....lol. Vacation doesn't mean going away, it just means powering down, relaxing, take time off the job. to do whatever whatever you want.
Respected Contributor

Travel broadens the mind. I prefer the quote, "Home is where the heart is".

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

A nice idea, but not very practical. Not everyone can have a job they "love". As they used to say, someone has to dig the ditches (or pickup the trash, or clean the bottom of a hospital patient). Those people need vacations, and society needs them.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Actually my DH's boss had a quote he liked that is kinda opposite of this - ""if this was enjoyable they would not have to pay anyone to do it"".

Honored Contributor

Doesn't really move me. You overrated it.

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 happy housewife said:

Actually my DH's boss had a quote he liked that is kinda opposite of this - ""if this was enjoyable they would not have to pay anyone to do it"".

Now that's a senseless quote. Everyone has to make a living and if someone can find something they enjoy that's great. It doesn't mean they should do it for nothing just because they like it!!!

Honored Contributor

Interesting quote. Do you mean vacation away or do you mean vacation from work? When we vacation we like to stay home and NOT go away.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

Way to shirk responsibility because it is not available to everyone. One action precede another and so on. Somebody, somewhere has to pick up the slack because we do not live in this world alone. Looks great on paper until you put it in motion.

Honored Contributor

That feisty lady, Lauren Bacall, was once asked in an interview "How do you feel about aging?" Her response was, "Are you joking? I am rotting from the inside out!"

Another time a young woman said to her, "I hope I look like you when I'm your age." Bacall snapped back, "My dear, in order for that to happen, you would have to look like me when I was your age!"

She was infamous for her cutting putdowns, but I always got a kick out of them.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I love Bette Davis' quote when a reporter asked her if she'd ever had a facelift. She said, 'would I look like this if I had?' Sorry to go off topic.