Esteemed Contributor

Re: The 21st Century so far . . .

Got thru the snowy and freezing temperatures. The sun is shining

and Spring is finally here. Flowers are in bloom.

Kids will soon be out of school and pools will be opened.

Amusement parks and ice cream shops will soon be thriving.

Love getting outside first thing in the morning and walking my dog.

Think of some things that will put a smile on your face.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree What?  Really?  I don't think so!  We are blessed in this country to have clean water, electricity, vehicles and access to about anything on earth we want.

There are many many wonderful people in the world.

If you watch news all day, follow celebrities, take to heart all the things that are wrong, of course you will feel that way.  Think about all the things you have then think about if you didn't have them?

Would you like to live without lights, running water and sewer, like so much of the world lives?  In a Communist controlled country? 

Count your blessings, not what the tv and the social media harp on.  Spend time talking to some good people you know.  Write them thank you notes and thank them for being your friend.  Write a note to some local official or policeman or fireman or military person for a job well done!  Focus on your blessings and how to be thankful for them.  Sometimes it is really hard and life is hard, and I am not saying it is a bed of roses.  But look how many people --GOOD people--are here!  That's a blessing to me.  And you are one of them!  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC offensive/hurtful.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@bonappetit wrote:

indoor kitty: don't try to stop our right of free speech. The moderators do this, remember?  I feel this person is depressed.

You can have an opinion, but it is beyond presumptuous for you to “diagnose “ the OP.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

indoor kitty, I'll let Lucy make the diagnosisSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

The history books will give you enough information to notice life is hard in every century. Different wars,famine, lack of health care. We didn't start the fire, it's all been burning since the world started turning. Billy Joel, he's right too. Just do your best and hang loose.
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@bonappetit wrote:

indoor kitty: don't try to stop our right of free speech. The moderators do this, remember?  I feel this person is depressed.

You can have an opinion, but it is beyond presumptuous for you to “diagnose “ the OP.

@QVCkitty1 

Thank you.  Anyone  who knows me here knows I am usually upbeat in my posts.  I’ve had many happy times in my life.  But I am a pragmatist as well.  Ignoring negative things will never get them fixed.  We, as adults, should be thinking about our responsibilities to the next generation.  They will surely blame us for what is left for them, and they would be right in doing so.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Things can always be made better.

Rather than clutching your pearls and wringing your hands and saying woe is me, let’s see some action.

Do you attend school board meetings?  Contribute to PACs?  Let your elected officials know your concerns?  Support others organizations of your choice?  Remember things that need support in your will?  Or just moan and groan or live in denial?

Respected Contributor

I'm not depressed, exercise regularly, and get tons of fresh air, and yet I get the OP's post. While I am grateful for so many things, I see a very dangerous pattern emerging recently, and I don't like it. I feel for young people the most and the mess that they will be left to clean up once all us old farts have died off. I still hang onto the hope that things correct themselves eventually. I hope I'm still alive when it happens.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@bonappetit wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

Thank you.  Anyone  who knows me here knows I am usually upbeat in my posts.  I’ve had many happy times in my life.  But I am a pragmatist as well.  Ignoring negative things will never get them fixed.  We, as adults, should be thinking about our responsibilities to the next generation.  They will surely blame us for what is left for them, and they would be right in doing so.

Each generation has its on problems and limitations.  No reason at all to blame the past.  Each of us live our own lives as we see, and we live within context of our times.  Things change, culture changes, each of us are a product of our times.  Don't blame the past for who we are today.