Super Contributor

Re: The 21st Century so far . . .

I don't know what your situation is, but sounds like you spend too much time in bed. Get out, get some fresh air, exercise & enjoy spring.

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree   So sad but oh so true of most of what you said.

I will say though, I think it's important for us to find good Drs/Nurses to care for us. If we can do this, we can trust in them and all they do for us.

It's become necessary for us to take up for US, ourselves. No one else or very few will. This falls mostly along the lines of what we eat. We've not realized but we've needed to do this in the 1960s when fast foods, processed foods hit the grocery stores. By now for sure many of us have done ourselves in with convenient easy eating. So now it's clean organics.

It's almost too late for us to totally clean up our acts because bottom line for me is we've done ourselves in, killing our aqua life, animals, plants, ground earth ground water, atmosphere just to note a few.

We are killing ourselves. We've been doing this pretty much since the end of WW2 when we became 'progressive'. So sad, we all should feel your pain and many of us do but still do not take part in doing anything about any of our dying world.

The end is much nearer that we want to admit and it's ALL OUR FAULT.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree 

What you say is so true and I don't think most realize how serious it is.  

There's a lot we aren't being told.  What we are told is often not the truth, so we don't know who to believe, or we follow along like sheep never questioning.  

Honored Contributor

@bathina  Unfortunately normalcy as you call it will not return any time soon if at all if our (world) leaders do not recognize all we've done to our world and get back to fixing it. Much of all that needs fixing will not even begin if laws are created to not do anything or even listen to our scientists who know all we've done badly.

Honored Contributor

@camelot wrote:

I don't know what your situation is, but sounds like you spend too much time in bed. Get out, get some fresh air, exercise & enjoy spring.

Here’s a thought, why don’t you stop giving shallow, unsolicited advice whe someone posts a thought provoking topic ???

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

indoor kitty: don't try to stop our right of free speech. The moderators do this, remember?  I feel this person is depressed.

Esteemed Contributor

That may be how you see the world @LilacTree , but it's not how others, myself included choose to see the world, and no, we are not going through life with our eyes closed.

They are open. In fact, they are wide open.

We just choose to focus on the positive instead, and yes, it is a choice.

It is your choice to focus on the negative.

It is our choice to focus on the positive.

Life is easier when you do focus on what makes you happy, instead of what makes you depressed.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Sure if all you look at is the negative stuff.  

Honored Contributor

Joy is in what we make of life and what we give to others. Thinking of others and reaching out trying to make this a better world is paramount to my happiness in life. I am and always have been a glass half full kind of person. I think it as a gift especially during hard times.

As far as not trusting physicians? Sure, there are some bad apples but for the most part I wouldn't be on the planet without the caring, skilled medical care I have received over the years. One crisis after another and I am still here to reply on this thread. I consider that a blessing and a gift. Life is a gift and I don't intend one minute of it spent on complaints about what it should be.

Respected Contributor

Cheer up!  I recommend watching less news.  They get you worked up about a lot of stuff.  Stuff you would otherwise not even be thinking about.