Valued Contributor

Re: 🎤 The 150 Greatest Albums Made By Women 🎤

Janis   Heart

Honored Contributor

I liked Cheap Thrills more than Pearl.

Valued Contributor

Laura Nyro's backup singers included Patti LaBelle. 

LN wrote Wedding Bell Blues, Eli's Comin, Stoned Soul Picnic, It's Gonna take a Miracle, Stoney End, And When I Die.

Muusical genius.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono - Thank you for a trip down memory lane - some great music by talented women artists. I would probably change the order for sure - 

Respected Contributor

70. Stevie Nicks

my favorite

Esteemed Contributor

The only one I liked was Janis Joplin.   I think Streisand should rank; she's had so many great albums and I'm not a fan .....Judy Garland & Liza with a Z, I'd add Rhonstad, Shirley Bassey, Cher of course.   Ella Fitzgerald's Cole Porter Song Book, Billie Holiday, Lena Horne....contemporary artists are flash in the pan successes but some lady singers are timeless imho 

Respected Contributor

Tapestry will always be number one for me.

Linda ronstadt's Simple Dreams and Carly Simon's No Secrets rank right up  there for me too.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

LN wrote Wedding Bell Blues, Eli's Comin, Stoned Soul Picnic, It's Gonna take a Miracle, Stoney End, And When I Die.

Muusical genius.  

I saw her in concert at the Music Pavilion in Los Angeles in 1970 or '71, her opening act was some guy we'd never heard of before & from his name, we "assumed" he was a soul singer!   How wrong we were,  it was Jackson Browne!  lol  Both of them were great, but Jackson Browne blew us out of the water & got a standing ovation & encore.  His 1st record hadn't even been released yet, so i think that's why he was unknown to us. 

Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Muusical genius.  

I saw her in concert at the Music Pavilion in Los Angeles in 1970 or '71, her opening act was some guy we'd never heard of before & from his name, we "assumed" he was a soul singer!   How wrong we were,  it was Jackson Browne!  lol  Both of them were great, but Jackson Browne blew us out of the water & got a standing ovation & encore.  His 1st record hadn't even been released yet, so i think that's why he was unknown to us. 

How lucky you are.

Jackson Browne is one of my all-time favorites.