Esteemed Contributor

Re: That's what you get for raiding the office fridge!

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

@Plaid, the food in my home is different than the food in an office lunch room.

You are changing the scenario dramatically. 

Is is an argument that will never be won.  Obviously plaid pants feels like s/he should be able to safely steal from others without being injured in the process.  I will respectfully disagree with him/her and leave it at that.  A thief is a thief and I have no idea why PlaidPants feels a thief has any "rights" in this or any other scenario.  

To me it is laughable that a thief would feel they have a "right" to safe, and consumable food products wheel ether steal.  Maybe PlaidPants also expects that the food she steals should be tasty and well seasoned?

For all we know the woman merely reused a container for her breast milk and did not do it to "trick" anyone.  

If you bothered to read and actually comprehend, you will know that I said on page one or two, that I do NOT eat others food, so your ass-umption about that is 100% wrong.

At my job, we do have a community refrigerator.

It is understood that if you didn't bring it, you don't eat it.

Period.

The ONLY exceptions to that is:

A) It has been marked as "Community"

B) You have the person's permission to have their food.

No where did I say that it is okay to steal another person's food.

But it is also NOT okay to retaliate.

TWO WRONGS DOES NOT = A RIGHT!

chill out.  calm down.  step away from the computer.  

Honored Contributor

Many moons ago, this was an issue where I worked. Someone was stealing not only MARKED items out of the fridge but actual lunch bags/boxes which occasionally held medicine that needed to be refrigerated. HR did NOTHING.

One day, someone (don't know who) made cookies or something that contained an ingredient that made the thief so ill, 911 had to be called.

Food was NEVER touched/stolen again. And yes, the thief kept her job. Of course, everyone now knew who the theif was so it made for an interesting workplace. And, being honest, we didn't find out whose lunch it was.... if someone DID know, they were keeping it quiet.

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

I don't think she put the breast milk in the cream container so people could use it.   

I think  she found out people were using the "cream" and then put the note on the container.  

So you think the note was  a joke, and the creamer was really in it?

YES!! that's the point...you never know what you are eating unless it's yours. Don't steal my stuff because maybe I'm joking but maybe I'm not.

Honored Contributor

It wasn't poison, or anything that would hurt any one,does not matter if it was breast milk,or creamer, she taught them a lesson.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

Is is an argument that will never be won.  Obviously plaid pants feels like s/he should be able to safely steal from others without being injured in the process.  I will respectfully disagree with him/her and leave it at that.  A thief is a thief and I have no idea why PlaidPants feels a thief has any "rights" in this or any other scenario.  

To me it is laughable that a thief would feel they have a "right" to safe, and consumable food products wheel ether steal.  Maybe PlaidPants also expects that the food she steals should be tasty and well seasoned?

For all we know the woman merely reused a container for her breast milk and did not do it to "trick" anyone.  

If you bothered to read and actually comprehend, you will know that I said on page one or two, that I do NOT eat others food, so your ass-umption about that is 100% wrong.

Period.

Lol.  You are almost funny in your own ridiculous assumptions.  There was one wrong.  Not two.  There is nothing wrong with storing breast milk, or any other substance in a refrigerator.  She could have been storing her colonoscopy prep in a reused container for all I care.  Nothing wrong with that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

Period.

Lol.  You are almost funny in your own ridiculous assumptions.  There was one wrong.  Not two.  There is nothing wrong with storing breast milk, or any other substance in a refrigerator.  She could have been storing her colonoscopy prep in a reused container for all I care.  Nothing wrong with that.

Retaliation IS wrong.

It make you no better than the food thief.

Honored Contributor

I think years ago I saw this one line too as a joke. Or read it in Reader's digest, as a true thing that happened. Once they get a picture they can post it on line like it's new. These aren't always original. Years ago people would resend things over and over just to see if it got back to them.

Respected Contributor

@Marianne1 wrote:

Even if this story is true (which I doubt for several reasons)...

The "creamer/note writer" was the owner of the food, so she is not tampering with someone else's food.

The other person is a thief, if we are going to assign criminal behaviors to someone in this story.

Besides, putting breast milk into a container is not tampering, legally.

I'm not sure you're correct about the legal definition of tampering, but you might have a point about the stealing of the "breast milk."  I still would have fired the woman if she put breast milk in there marked as cream. There might be health consequences to drinking her breast milk marked as cream.

Respected Contributor

No one labelled the food contents on containers in the work fridge at my office. "Ham sandwich with mayo and a yogurt" on lunch bags? Uh, no. And there is no law that you can't repurpose a container marked one thing for some other edible. Unless the item is marked community or you brought it, it isn't yours to take, period. Fridge thefts are so weird to me. I have trouble with work pot lucks. let alone eating a mystery lunch.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SunValley wrote:

No one labelled the food contents on containers in the work fridge at my office. "Ham sandwich with mayo and a yogurt" on lunch bags? Uh, no. And there is no law that you can't repurpose a container marked one thing for some other edible. Unless the item is marked community or you brought it, it isn't yours to take, period. Fridge thefts are so weird to me. I have trouble with work pot lucks. let alone eating a mystery lunch.

Deliberately putting breast milk or something equally grotesque in the office refrigerator under a false label for revenge should be unacceptable and possibly criminal.  It's not clear whether she just put the sign after the fact or actually used breast milk.  At any rate, I consider her transgression worse than the original theft.  Were it my company, she'd be GONE if she actually put breast milk in a container marked cream.  We all have to work with less than ideal situations sometimes.  She could have brought an insulated tote that needed no refrigeration or a coffee creamer that needed no refrigeration.  If she brought breast milk or pretended to do so, as a company owner I'd have a problem with that.