Esteemed Contributor

Re: That's what you get for raiding the office fridge!

@bri20 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@3suwm5 wrote:

Wow, the perils of working anywhere but out of your homeSmiley Very Happy

Even then........

I mean, if their mother stole food from the fridge, would they "teach her a lesson" by tainting the food, and said that she "deserved it" if dear old mom ate the tainted food?

Especially if mom was elderly, and maybe not all with it?

Your scenarios are a little dramatic, aren't they?

No, not really. 

I mean, people seem to think that it's a-okay to taint food, no matter who is taking it, just to "teach them a lesson".

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Would people still think that it was such a "great idea" if she had tainted food with Ex-Lax, or marijuanna in ordert to "teach" her co-workers a "lesson"?

I don't find this "stunt" funny or a "lesson" at all.

There are better and more mature ways of going about getting people to not eat your food.

At my job, I only eat the food that I bring in, or that has been marked as for everybody, or if I have the other person's permission that I can have.

@Plaid Pants2

But that's not what happened.    

But someone could do that, all in the name of "teaching them a lesson".

If they were to get sued, written up, or fired, then they would absolutly deserve that.

Maybe that would teach them not to taint food.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@3suwm5 wrote:

Even then........

I mean, if their mother stole food from the fridge, would they "teach her a lesson" by tainting the food, and said that she "deserved it" if dear old mom ate the tainted food?

No, not really. 

I mean, people seem to think that it's a-okay to taint food, no matter who is taking it, just to "teach them a lesson".

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@3suwm5 wrote:

Even then........

No, not really. 

But this isn't about anybody tainting food.  I don't know why you keep bringing up tainted food.  That's a completely different scenario.

It's about using something that isn't yours. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bri20 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@3suwm5 wrote:

Even then........

No, not really. 

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@3suwm5 wrote:

Even then........

No, not really. 

But this isn't about anybody tainting food.  I don't now why you keep bringing up tainted food.  That's a completely different scenario.

It's about using something that isn't yours. 

And if your elderly parent ate your food that you didn't want them to eat, would you feel that it was perfectly okay to "teach them a lesson" by doing what this numbskull did?

Why, or why not?

If it's okay to do it to a co-worker, it should be perfectly fine to do it to your parent.

If you wouldn't do it to your parent, then it is also not acceptable to do it to a co-worker.

Honored Contributor

My daughter and I live together.  She has a specific diet and so do I.  We don't eat each other's food (except for the occasional piece of fruit). 

Re fridge:  I have the two top shelves (because it's hard for me to bend over) and she has the two bottom shelves.  I use the cheese tray and she uses the two bottom bins.  We share the freezer, she's on the left, I'm on the right.  Most of the stuff in the door is hers, but we sometimes share that.  I'm not much for condiments.

This may sound silly to some, but it works for us.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@Plaid, the food in my home is different than the food in an office lunch room.

You are changing the scenario dramatically. 

Trusted Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

@Plaid, the food in my home is different than the food in an office lunch room.

You are changing the scenario dramatically. 

Is is an argument that will never be won.  Obviously plaid pants feels like s/he should be able to safely steal from others without being injured in the process.  I will respectfully disagree with him/her and leave it at that.  A thief is a thief and I have no idea why PlaidPants feels a thief has any "rights" in this or any other scenario.  

To me it is laughable that a thief would feel they have a "right" to safe, and consumable food products wheel ether steal.  Maybe PlaidPants also expects that the food she steals should be tasty and well seasoned?

For all we know the woman merely reused a container for her breast milk and did not do it to "trick" anyone.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

Gross. Why couldn't she store it in a ice chest, like most people do? Assuming she is pumping at work.  She should get  written up for that. (if this story is true)

@missy1

LOL    Written up?   Are you under the impression that pumping is against the law or something? 

For not telling the employees what was really inside the creamer.

One is allowed to pump at work, by law. (I know that)

Even though it's not a food service employment  place, the pumped milk should be in a separate fridge or ice chest.

@Tinkrbl44

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

I wonder whether she could get prosecuted for that.  I think it might be assault or something.  It's not unusual to read news stories about people who tamper with others' food and get arrested.  Would putting that into a container that indicated it was something else qualify?  She should at the very least be fired. 

@Ms X

Seriously?    Fired or prosecuted because someone else is stealing her food?   

How do people even come up with this stuff?

If anyone goes into a company refrigerator and STEALS someone else's, they should be prosecuted for THEFT  ....  or fired for theft.   

Any situation I've seen that had a kitchen refrigerator, the rules were very clear:   If you didn't bring it in, DO NOT touch it.   This "community" thing is a load of kwap.   

______

Well, @Tinkrbl44, you need to read my posts again.  I didn't say she should be fired because someone was stealing her food, did I?  Putting breast milk in the company refrigerator for others to drink is certainly a firing offense, in my book. 

Further, as I said, many times I've read of people being arrested for spitting on food or otherwise tampering with it before serving it.  In fact, I saw one or two such news items involving police officers in fast-food joints just in the past week.

Respected Contributor

Tampering with your food that is placed in a community fridge when  you know someone is using it is one thing, placing your breastmilk in a container and not labeling it is different. How was she to know someone was using it until she looked? That's when one would put that label on it-

Food that isn't yours is to be left alone.