Esteemed Contributor

Re: That's what you get for raiding the office fridge!

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

I wonder whether she could get prosecuted for that.  I think it might be assault or something.  It's not unusual to read news stories about people who tamper with others' food and get arrested.  Would putting that into a container that indicated it was something else qualify?  She should at the very least be fired. 

@Ms X

Seriously?    Fired or prosecuted because someone else is stealing her food?   

How do people even come up with this stuff?

If anyone goes into a company refrigerator and STEALS someone else's, they should be prosecuted for THEFT  ....  or fired for theft.   

Any situation I've seen that had a kitchen refrigerator, the rules were very clear:   If you didn't bring it in, DO NOT touch it.   This "community" thing is a load of kwap.   

You are so right....I use to work in a couple different places that had a fridge shared for each persons food....I can't tell you how many times people would take my food or drink...and I never knew who it was as there was so many workers...Its nothing but rude to take food you didn't bring in..how very inconsiderate ...thoughtless...you are a THIEF...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gross. Why couldn't she store it in a ice chest, like most people do? Assuming she is pumping at work.  She should get  written up for that. (if this story is true)

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Gross. Why couldn't she store it in a ice chest, like most people do? Assuming she is pumping at work.  She should get  written up for that. (if this story is true)

@missy1

LOL    Written up?   Are you under the impression that pumping is against the law or something? 

Trusted Contributor

Why on earth was my post removed?  Blown away by QVC judgment on inappropriate language...anyhow, my message was that no one should steal from someone else.

If they do, and what they end up eating is rancid, contaminated, or (at worst) a medical specimen of a bodily fluid perhaps being stored to send off to a lab, no one but a thief would be affected by it.  Someone may have medicine in the refrigerator (methadone?) that appears to be a juice - you want to steal, you take the risk....

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Would people still think that it was such a "great idea" if she had tainted food with Ex-Lax, or marijuanna in ordert to "teach" her co-workers a "lesson"?

I don't find this "stunt" funny or a "lesson" at all.

There are better and more mature ways of going about getting people to not eat your food.

At my job, I only eat the food that I bring in, or that has been marked as for everybody, or if I have the other person's permission that I can have.

@Plaid Pants2

But that's not what happened.    

No, it isn't what happened.  But say that someone did mix ex-lax with chocolate milk to make it easier for themselves to drink, and stored it in the company refrigerator.  If someone wants to steal, it serves them right to drink the ex-lax mixture don't steal and you won't have a problem IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

TWO WRONGS DOES NOT MAKE A RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Wow, the perils of working anywhere but out of your homeSmiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

Even then........

I mean, if their mother stole food from the fridge, would they "teach her a lesson" by tainting the food, and said that she "deserved it" if dear old mom ate the tainted food?

Especially if mom was elderly, and maybe not all with it?

Respected Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

I don't miss working in a traditional office at all.

Sounds like there are a lot of rude people out there...

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@3suwm5 wrote:

Even then........

I mean, if their mother stole food from the fridge, would they "teach her a lesson" by tainting the food, and said that she "deserved it" if dear old mom ate the tainted food?

Especially if mom was elderly, and maybe not all with it?

Your scenarios are a little dramatic, aren't they?