QVC Customer Care

Re: That's what you get for raiding the office fridge!

This post has been removed by QVC because contains link to another retail site.

Respected Contributor

Uh, no, this was definitely not her breast milk.  She was angry at people helping themselves to her coffee creamer.  I know Refrigerator Wars all too well.

At any rate, I would never help myself to anything other people bring in because you never know what's in it.

Esteemed Contributor

I take issue with both sides.

The woman should have marked it in some way to let others know she did not want to share the contents.  At my workplace, we're not going to touch your frozen dinner, lunch bag, etc.--things that you're clearly eating for lunch.  Salt, pepper, ketchup, coffee, plastic silverware, napkins, coffee creamer, etc., are viewed as "community" items that are meant to be shared unless marked otherwise.  When we see we're running low on the community items, one of us will add it to the shopping list.

Whoever took the coffee creamer should've asked around to see if it's okay.  I never borrow without asking.  It's good to set and know the expectations before helping yourself.  At my workplace, we've all talked about how we want to run the community items.  If no dialogue has taken place about sharing, then if it's not mine, it's off limits.

Esteemed Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I take issue with both sides.

The woman should have marked it in some way to let others know she did not want to share the contents.  At my workplace, we're not going to touch your frozen dinner, lunch bag, etc.--things that you're clearly eating for lunch.  Salt, pepper, ketchup, coffee, plastic silverware, napkins, coffee creamer, etc., are viewed as "community" items that are meant to be shared unless marked otherwise.  When we see we're running low on the community items, one of us will add it to the shopping list.

Whoever took the coffee creamer should've asked around to see if it's okay.  I never borrow without asking.  It's good to set and know the expectations before helping yourself.  At my workplace, we've all talked about how we want to run the community items.  If no dialogue has taken place about sharing, then if it's not mine, it's off limits.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ THIS!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Okay, based on the picture, the woman put her breast milk in a bottle of Natural Bliss coffee creamer.

Why wouldn't she put a lable on the bottle marking it as such?

I mean, if I saw a bottle of coffee creamer, and it didn't have a lable marking it as something different, how would I, or anybody else know that it actually contained breast milk, and NOT coffee creamer?

I'm sorry, but the one to blame is the woman who was putting her breast milk in a bottle of coffee creamer, and NOT putting a lable on the bottle marking it as breast milk.

@Plaid Pants2 She wouldn't have to label it for me.  If that bottle wasn't purchased by me I won't use it.  If I did I'd be known as a thief. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never put anything in or taken anything out of the company's fridge.  I don't think I ever even opened the door.  I rarely took a lunch break, but when I did, I went out.

I never have trusted what people do with food.  And, yes, that includes restaurants. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Trusted Contributor

No one would put breast milk in a creamer container -- I would think it would be put in a sterile glass bottle!  Great way to stop anyone from drinking the creamer!!

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I wonder whether she could get prosecuted for that.  I think it might be assault or something.  It's not unusual to read news stories about people who tamper with others' food and get arrested.  Would putting that into a container that indicated it was something else qualify?  She should at the very least be fired. 

@Ms X

Seriously?    Fired or prosecuted because someone else is stealing her food?   

How do people even come up with this stuff?

If anyone goes into a company refrigerator and STEALS someone else's, they should be prosecuted for THEFT  ....  or fired for theft.   

Any situation I've seen that had a kitchen refrigerator, the rules were very clear:   If you didn't bring it in, DO NOT touch it.   This "community" thing is a load of kwap.   

Respected Contributor

So the woman who put her "cream" into the fridge should get fired or prosecuted because other people are stealing it?

I don't know how anyone can justify taking someone else's "cream"

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Would people still think that it was such a "great idea" if she had tainted food with Ex-Lax, or marijuanna in ordert to "teach" her co-workers a "lesson"?

I don't find this "stunt" funny or a "lesson" at all.

There are better and more mature ways of going about getting people to not eat your food.

At my job, I only eat the food that I bring in, or that has been marked as for everybody, or if I have the other person's permission that I can have.

@Plaid Pants2

But that's not what happened.