Respected Contributor

Re: That's what you get for raiding the office fridge!

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Okay, based on the picture, the woman put her breast milk in a bottle of Natural Bliss coffee creamer.

Why wouldn't she put a lable on the bottle marking it as such?

I mean, if I saw a bottle of coffee creamer, and it didn't have a lable marking it as something different, how would I, or anybody else know that it actually contained breast milk, and NOT coffee creamer?

I'm sorry, but the one to blame is the woman who was putting her breast milk in a bottle of coffee creamer, and NOT putting a lable on the bottle marking it as breast milk.

Why would you use someone else's coffee cream?

Esteemed Contributor

I can only speak for the company fridge at where I work, but it has always been policy that coffee creamer was for those who wanted to use it for their coffee.

Maybe if she didn't want anybody else to use it, she should have marked it as for her own use only.

Respected Contributor

If a co worker wants creamer, they need to buy their own. 

If the company paid for it, it needs to be shared,

I have seen disgusting things in office kitchens, food in the fridge for over 3 weeks. Then, they gripe when it gets tossed. People eating leftover pizza that was never put away.  Ick.

Honored Contributor

The fridge is for the employees to use so that to me says that anything that you didn't put in there belongs to someone else.I f she did have breast milk in that bottle ..it shouldn't have been a problem for others as it wasn't theirs to use.

Honored Contributor

Can't help but think....it was just a 'bit' to

drive up traffic to her Facebook page. $$$

#NotBuyingIt

#LookHoneyGoingViral

Honored Contributor

You shouldn't have to worry about putting something in the fridge and having someone take some.  The woman though should have labeled it.  I am guessing this has happened to her before with real creamer.  The woman though let it continue for a week.  That's where it crossed the line.

Honored Contributor

I would imagine that she only wanted them to think that they have been stealing " breast milk" . In my experience people will steal anything out of a workplace fridge, I think she is a genius.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Whether it was a joke or not, it serves them right.  I also would bring a pint of half and half for my use throughout the week.  People helped themselves ALL the time.  I found the empty container left in the fridge.  I put a sign on the refrigerator door "thanks for using the last of MY creamer; next time throw out the container." 

It's too bad people can't respect others.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why are some of you condoning theft?  Whether it's coffee creamer or something more substantial, theft is theft.

A work fridge does not mean it's a community food bank.  I stopped using one where I worked because people were forever stealing other people's food and drink.

One poor guy had a food allergy, so carefully prepared his meals, only to find someone routinely stole them.  (Yes, all of our things had to be labeled with name and date; didn't stop some people.)

Someone else had another person drink from her opened bottle of water.  Yuck!

We weren't allowed to have individual fridges, so we all had to share.  Knowing some of your very own colleagues were stealing from you wasn't very nice.  You may not like what this woman did, but I understand her frustration and I hope the thief gagged when s/he found out.  No excuse for being too cheap or lazy to supply your own items!