Honored Contributor

@Lynneuk wrote:

Almost $55 for 14 crust less mini quiches!?!

That is madness! Even someone who can barely make toast could make those for about $5 max!

I'm astounded at what people will buy.

@Lynneuk

Not clear what you're referring to .... where was this?

Trusted Contributor

In the Kitchen with David, about an hour ago.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Nancy's mini quiches have been popular here for a couple of decades by now.  They are to be found in the freezers of higher end grocery stores and at Costco.  They're really good and not high priced.  They make great appetizers for parties.

$55 is not a lot if you like the product and it saves one time in the kitchen or store.  Some times I wonder were some people live here...........

@SydneyH

Say what?

I introduce an alternative and you wonder why I live where?

No, I was agreeing with you, sorry for the confusion.

Trusted Contributor

Why the heck is it any of your business how people spend their money?  Who made you judge and jury of frivilous expenditures?

While I would never buy these myself, so what?  Others may lik them or not have the time or ability to make ones on their owns.  Perhaps they find the Nancy's brand of mini quiches horrendous -- I certainly do.

Once you decide th criticize others for their spending, you ope yourself up for similar criticism.  I am sure if we took at look at your purchases, that many of us would find things unnecessary, wasteful, silly, or frivilous.

If you find a product silly or overprices, the simple solution is to not buy it.  Mocking and criticizing others for their purchase of it is mean, nasty, pretentious, and unnecessary.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Nancy's mini quiches have been popular here for a couple of decades by now.  They are to be found in the freezers of higher end grocery stores and at Costco.  They're really good and not high priced.  They make great appetizers for parties.

$55 is not a lot if you like the product and it saves one time in the kitchen or store.  Some times I wonder were some people live here...........

@SydneyH

Say what?

I introduce an alternative and you wonder why I live where?

No, I was agreeing with you, sorry for the confusion.

@SydneyH

Thanks for clarifying!

Trusted Contributor

OH good heavens! 

It was an observation of the ridiculous prices charged for food containing the simplest, cheap ingredients that require no skill to produce. Mean, nasty and pretentious? Don't be ridiculous!

Honored Contributor

@Lynneuk wrote:

OH good heavens! 

It was an observation of the ridiculous prices charged for food containing the simplest, cheap ingredients that require no skill to produce. Mean, nasty and pretentious? Don't be ridiculous!

@Lynneuk

Yes, your point was obvious, and it wasn't about the buyers.

Trusted Contributor

@Lynneuk wrote:

Almost $55 for 14 crust less mini quiches!?!

That is madness! Even someone who can barely make toast could make those for about $5 max!

I'm astounded at what people will buy.

______

How about $55,000.00 for A Hermes Birkin handbag. 

Yes they're handmade, yes the leather is fabulous, the construction, impeccable.  You're on a long waiting list to get one(if you can even get on the list). No doubt they're beautiful. 

But, that's a💜Whole lot of pennies for a status symbol! 

Incdentally, you can get them less expensively. I think you might even find one, for around $15,000😳

Respected Contributor

Well, it was said that you'd have to have more money than sense to buy it...

Honored Contributor

Hey at least the bag will last, when the quiche is gone it's gone. LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan