Respected Contributor

Re: That angry guy is gone from ESPN

@momtochloe wrote:

I believe they are speaking about Keith Olbermann.  Incredibly smart but also incredibly unable to control his temper.

yes, I always got the impression that he doesn't suffer fools lightly.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Keith Ablow was on ESPN?

BWHAHAHAHA

now that is funny!  That guy is not only really ANGRY but very unintelligent as well! 

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Keith Ablow was on ESPN?

HAHAHA. That guy really is angry.  And I don't know how he still has a license to practice.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

I believe they are speaking about Keith Olbermann.  Incredibly smart but also incredibly unable to control his temper.

eta:  He didn't exactly get fired, ESPN chose not to renew his contract.  Apparently they weren't happy with the way he criticized Roger Godell during the Ray Rice fiasco among other things.

To my eye Godell needed the criticism Cat Happy

Valued Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I don't remember his name...oh yeah...Keith somebody.  He was angry on MSNBC too.  Poor guy...can't find a forever home.

Olbermann??  He and Algore can get married now!!

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

eta:  He didn't exactly get fired, ESPN chose not to renew his contract.  Apparently they weren't happy with the way he criticized Roger Godell during the Ray Rice fiasco among other things.

To my eye Godell needed the criticism Cat Happy

I wish I could have seen those commentaries, I bet they were spot on.  It was always one of Keith's strengths.  It's too bad he can't play ball with the higher ups but eventually his conscience gets to him and he explodes.

Super Contributor

KO fan here...watched him on MSNBC and follow him on twitter.

He posts alot of videos from his show on twitter, if you want to check it out.

When I heard the news that he will not be on ESPN too much longer, I immediately thought of David Letterman. Dave would have him on as a last minute guest when someone else cancelled. Keith lives in NYC so was available.  Also Dave would book him whenever he had a 'career change'.

In some ways Dave and Keith had similar outlooks!  I miss Dave Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@namaste000 wrote:

KO fan here...watched him on MSNBC and follow him on twitter.

He posts alot of videos from his show on twitter, if you want to check it out.

When I heard the news that he will not be on ESPN too much longer, I immediately thought of David Letterman. Dave would have him on as a last minute guest when someone else cancelled. Keith lives in NYC so was available.  Also Dave would book him whenever he had a 'career change'.

In some ways Dave and Keith had similar outlooks!  I miss Dave Smiley Sad

Thanks for the head's up, I'll have to see if I can find them.  I used to love to watch him with Dave and I agree, they were very similar and same snark factor . . . ;0

Honored Contributor

Namaste000 -- I miss Dave, too. I am looking forward to Stephen Colbert's debut though. I will go into deep mourning when Jon Stewart signs off.
Honored Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

Olbermann??  He and Algore can get married now!!

A typical, charming response from you.