Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter

Hoping that QVC will fully archive this thread.  In the meantime, join us at the Schmoo 2.0 thread at this LINK.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For the reader looking for the Schmoo thread since the switchover on the forums, go to the new one at this LINK

Esteemed Contributor

Some of you have found your way back to the Pet Lovers forum and our new Schmoo thread.  For those of you who check in more sporadically,  here's the LINK to it.

Esteemed Contributor

Some Schmoo thread posters are still trying to find their way to our new thread.  Here is the LINK.

Esteemed Contributor

Q moderators, please move this thread back to its original location -- the Pet Lovers section.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Hello Schmoo Family,

@Sammycat1, Continued prayers for you, and your Fay Wray kitty. I hope both of you will be renewed with better health for the warmer months.

@beauty junkie, I continue to keep you close in my thoughts and prayers.

My Mom continues to struggle with a swollen arm, and shortness of breath, fatigue. We saw her oncologist Thursday, and she will start some lymphedema treatments  next week that might help her arm. He says cancer is blocking her lymph fluid, and thus the blood clot, and swelling. Her oxygen level was good, and they listened to her heart, and lungs. I am afraid she is developing blockages to her lungs, as we are seeing in her neck, shoulders, and arm. We also saw her internal medicine doctor, and she is having someone come to my Mom's home to teach her to use a pump on her arm 3x daily at home. The therapy tne oncologist ordered is by a therapist trained in lymphedema the oncologist and internal dr are coordinating the treatments. They have computer access to each other.

Shop, I hope your Mom, you, and your pups are doing okay. Prayers.

Trusted Contributor

@Tissyanne

Praying for your mom, Tissyanne. She is blessed to have you and I know you are blessed to have her as your Mom. Your love and devotion is evident. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tissyanne

@KitTkatalerted me that your last post was on the original Schmoo thread (and that's OK).  The important thing is I'm able here on "Schmoo 1.0" to read the latest about your dear mother.  Goodness, she is a class A-1 fighter through these trials of her cancer. I'm praying for some relief of this lymphedema, and for some pockets of peace of mind for you and her both.

Fay Wray is undergoing nebulizer treatments for her collapsed lung lobes -- they seem to help.  I see my orthopedic surgeon today to learn the fate of my knee.  Whatever it is, it can be fixed and I'm ready to get it over with!

Prayers for you, your mother and your family!  We think of you every day.