Super Contributor

That Lori Chick From QVC/Shark Tank

Why does she wear the same dress all the time on shark tank? I don't watch the show often but it seems like she has a black dress on with the cutout on the top part. Is there a reason?
Honored Contributor

Re: That Lori Chick From QVC/Shark Tank

I've seen this asked before, and this is what I posted on another thread. Someone else might know a bit more about it.

"There are several articles explaining it. Here's one with some interesting behind the scenes information on the show from an industry insider (full article at link):

8 things you didn’t know about ‘Shark Tank’

"...Yes, the Sharks fly into Los Angeles several times a year (often in July and October, if not more) and shoot several marathon days in which 20 or so business pitch, one after the other, with time in between to set up for the next one and get make-up touch-ups. Then the segments are mixed and matched over multiple episodes -- which is why Barbara Corcoran and Lori Greiner wear the same outfit week after week.

They have to for continuity, so the look will remain the same no matter when the segment airs.

The guys are wearing the same clothes, too, but few people seem to notice that..."

(link goes to: http://jasoncochran.com/blog/8-things-you-didnt-know-about-shark-tank/)"

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

""Lori chick""?

Esteemed Contributor

If you don't watch often how do you know she wears the same dress ""all the time"".

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/9/2014 funinthesun said: Why does she wear the same dress all the time on shark tank? I don't watch the show often but it seems like she has a black dress on with the cutout on the top part. Is there a reason?

That Lori chick? Is that how you usually refer to people? I am now sitting on my hands!!!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

On 9/10/2014 Lindsays Grandma said:
On 9/9/2014 funinthesun said: Why does she wear the same dress all the time on shark tank? I don't watch the show often but it seems like she has a black dress on with the cutout on the top part. Is there a reason?

That Lori chick? Is that how you usually refer to people? I am now sitting on my hands!!!

I'm not sitting on my hands. That term fun used is disrespectful. Her name is Lori Greiner.

OK Lindsays Grandma stand up and type.....

Contributor

""Lori chick""??! at least call her that ""inventor babe""!!!!

Super Contributor

many times several shows are taped in one day.... so she may tape 7 shows, thus the same dress.

Respected Contributor

Men can wear the same suit and tie over and over and it never gets noticed or mentioned....I hate the double standard placed on women and how we dress....don't you ?

Super Contributor

On 9/10/2014 Tamn8r2 said:

""Lori chick""??! at least call her that ""inventor babe""!!!!

LOL Cute!