Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: That Amber Heard should be ashamed of herself...

My first husband made sure my bruises were in places that it would be indecent to show anyone.     You never know what really goes on in someone elses' home.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I received my Ulta catalog today and Depp's advertisement for his line of cologne is in it - it's called SAUVAGE.   

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

No one had to twist Depp's arm to pursue Amber - they met while making a movie.  He obviously fell in love with her. She spoke loud and clear; she's not going to take abuse, I don't care who you are.  I applaud her emotional resolve and strength.  

And for those who claim she's after his money she is worth $9 million.  

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/amber-heard-net-worth/

Supposedly she's 'worth' that much but has no viable assets, curious imo.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Photos of her injuries have been posted online, here is a link to one photo:

http://celebfresh.co.uk/news/amber-heard-cops-say-no-evidence-of-injuries-

Isn't that the same photo that the same photo that's been making the rounds since she made it public?  It's not a medical record, it's not from the police.  Well, it couldn't be since she filed a police report.  Maybe it's real, maybe it's been enhanced.  Maybe it's totally fake.  No one knows.  We do know that she's an actress who knows her way around stage makeup and probaby has friends who are make up artists.  It's a picture but it's not proof of anything. 

He's an actor, too, who has been involved in altercations before.

None of that proves anything.

I'll wait for evidence of some kind if it surfaces.

Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@truffle wrote:

No one had to twist Depp's arm to pursue Amber - they met while making a movie.  He obviously fell in love with her. She spoke loud and clear; she's not going to take abuse, I don't care who you are.  I applaud her emotional resolve and strength.  

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/amber-heard-net-worth/

I don't know what you're talking about - maybe if you listed a source. 

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@truffle wrote:

@SydneyH

No viable assets?  What does that mean?

I'd say her talent is a viable asset.  She's made something like 35 films and been on numerous TV shows.

I don't understand the need to automatically tear down women all the time on this board.  We don't even know these people.

Respected Contributor

@truffle wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@truffle wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about - maybe if you listed a source. 

I'm not sure if this is helpful, but I saw a news story that said her lawyers filed papers last Friday that said she has only $25 K in liquid assets.  I have no idea why so little of her millions are liquid, but that's what the report was.

Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@truffle wrote:

If she's financially solvent then why ask for $50,000 a month? And why the claim of abuse only after it was denied?

Does it mean she's a looking for a payday from a marriage in which it's rumored she was having a lesbian extra-marital affair? No. But it's worth pondering. 

Nine million is a fortune to me and probably to you. To Johnny Depp it's slightly more than 2% of his net worth and very probably much less than Amber is hoping to get from him.

Valued Contributor

First let me preface this by saying that I do think there was fighting, and screaming and throwing of stuff.  Depp being a man, he may have grabbed her more violently then he intended or pushed her away more violently then he intended.  And we must remember that when you are fueled by drugs and alcohol (in Depp's case) you will be more re-active and non-caring. 

Okay, so having put that out there.  At what point does a women of 2016 say, "screw you - I'm out of here?"  I mean to say this is not 1965 or 85.  Women know all there is to know in modern psychology about the in's and out's of partner violence.  There is just no excuse to stay in a violent relationship anymore - at least not in the United States.  Current women  chose to stay because their current needs over weigh everything else.  At some point if women want to be taken seriously and equally along side men then we must also be responsible for our behaviour and our CHOICES.  And that means getting no passes when we chose to stay in bad relationships. 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

She's OBVIOUSLY a gold digger, probably a LIAR, and is no where near a top rated actress. She's looking for a payday - typical of someone who has ZERO talent.