Valued Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving! What Are You Thankful For?

@embgm wrote:

I am very gratefull that my 3D mammograms were completely cancer free today. I'm celebrating 2 years cancer free! I am blessed to have a wonderful family and many friends.I have much to be thankful for!  Em

@embgm, what fabulous news to get the day before Thanksgiving!  Blessings to you and your family and please keep us posted with continued good news!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm thankful to still have my Mom and thankful for the simple special times we can still share together. Like today, I made her lunch and we listened to a radio station that's already playing Christmas music all day. And my Mom started dancing to the songs. No matter how tough things get I always try to savor moments like that.

I'm thankful that I have been through really tough times the last three years but I have learned that I am stronger than I ever thought possible. It's a very sad life to have the motivation of not letting your own family defeat you, but it is my life and they won't. I'm thankful for my faith that helps me get through and gives me strength and hope.

I am also thankful for the kindness of strangers over these last three years. Sometimes it  was all I had to hold on to.

I'd really be thankful to figure out how to get rid of that spoiler box in my post....

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Ul Re: Thanksgiving! What Are You Thankful For?

I'm thankful for: My family (those here on Earth and those who have passed, especially my dear grandparents ) My Doodle dog (yes he's family, but I felt he deserves a special shout out!) My friends My health, and that of those around me My home The beautiful state I live in (the Evergreen State!) Financial security My independence and the ability I have to make choices for myself My education and my careers that have all given me knowledge and experience My ability to help others, both with my time and my money I'm thankful for the person that I am and the person that I'm striving to be. I'm thankful that I'm a person who seeks knowledge and experiences. I'm thankful that I'm a person who strives to think outside the box and outside of myself. I'm thankful that I can reach out and embrace others who are not like me, that I can see the good in everyone, that I can learn from others.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Esteemed Contributor

My husband was critically ill in April and has made a full recovery with no impairments at all.  I am thankful for the excellent medical care he received.