Honored Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving Question For Our Younger Generation Posters

My husband hosted Thanksgiving and did all the cooking before I married him, even baking pumpkin pie from scratch. Since I also love cooking and baking I got him to share. At this point, he still does the turkey since he smokes it. I now do everything else from scratch. He did continue with his special pie recipe but eventually we all wanted a change. I bake a different pie or other dessert each year. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@makena wrote:

@Noel7 no different than any other day expect more food and plates.  I've never, ever seen a man help with cleanup.  No, it's not fair.

Come to my house, my husband cleans up. We all pitch in to put away and clean. 

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I don't view it as a sexist division of labor unless the women are told to get busy while the men sip cognac and smoke cigars.

I kind of like the bond of women together; certainly the men participate in our family but they just never load that dishwasher properly.Smiley Tongue

My husband is always rearranging the dishwasher because he doesn't think I load it correctly. LOL I just let him at this point and ignore his quirk. 

Respected Contributor

I'm not one of the younger generation but that's always been the way it's been.  ONly time it was slightly different - two years in a row my brother fried the turkey outside so he was in charge of that.  The women did all the baking and sides and cleaning up but I will say that my brother emptied the oil out of the fryer to reuse another time and cleaned up/out the fryer.