Occasional Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving Dinner charges?

First I feel it is rude to extend an invite to my home and then ask  the person to pay their share.  For $25.00 a couple my first thought was they must be ordering from the deli counter at the local grocery store, two in my area are offering a dinner for 2 for $19.99, you have to purchase the dessert if you want any.  So I am thinking the "cartering" is probably not from a restaurant, or there are additional couples attending.  I would definitely contact the wife and let her know I would not be attending.

Esteemed Contributor

@Amarr wrote:

First I feel it is rude to extend an invite to my home and then ask  the person to pay their share.  For $25.00 a couple my first thought was they must be ordering from the deli counter at the local grocery store, two in my area are offering a dinner for 2 for $19.99, you have to purchase the dessert if you want any.  So I am thinking the "cartering" is probably not from a restaurant, or there are additional couples attending.  I would definitely contact the wife and let her know I would not be attending.

@AmarrIt's $50 per couple, not $25. and it's from a restaurant. I hope @Duckncover  and her DH attend.

Esteemed Contributor

Our local news was talking about this tonight, with the costs of things these day, etc., the new way to go is people all contribuing financially for the big Thanksgiving dinner.