Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info and the time

I just wanted to thank everyone who takes the time to give us money saving tips and ideas.I just love that as a group we have so many more opportunities to make great purchases when others share their info.....thanks
Super Contributor

Re: Thanks for the info and the time

I agree!

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Super Contributor

I agree. The banana thread recently is a good example. all these years I have been buying bananas, which always spoil quickly, and I throw them away. I learned on the thread to separate the bundle when I get home and keep them away from each other. I tried it, and they keep so much longer. Wow, to think of all the money I have wasted over the years, lol.
Honored Contributor

Well I didn't know about the save the banana trick ...soooo thanks and I sill do that from now on
Respected Contributor

Hm...divide and conquer, eh? heehee

I'll give it a try.

-Kalli

Regular Contributor

I agree as well dex. Nice thread.

CH

Super Contributor

Hello and I am glad you started this thread. I did not know about the bananas.

Respected Contributor

I didn't know about the bananas either. Now how do I keep the strawberries in the fruit salad from getting icky? I have started only cutting strawberries when we're going to eat them.

Respected Contributor

On 5/2/2014 VanSleepy said:

I didn't know about the bananas either. Now how do I keep the strawberries in the fruit salad from getting icky? I have started only cutting strawberries when we're going to eat them.

I do the same with bananas, cut them right before serving. I've heard that a little lemon juice squirted on fruit will prevent browning but not sure if that will help them to not get "icky" and also, will lemon juice make the salad too tart?

-Kalli